|Area:||Vale of Thrain|
Sarnúr (Sindarin for Wide Rock) is a landmark and dungeon within Vale of Thrain, in Ered Luin. [20.6S, 103.3W]
This Dourhand stronghold is located in the south-west of Vale of Thrain and through Orodost, the goblin camp. These days Dourhand dwarves and their evil allies are mustering their forces to begin a final assault upon the Longbeards of Thorin’s Hall and the elves of eastern Ered Luin.
The fortress consists of 3 areas: Sarnúr Great Hall, Sarnúr Keep, and the Sarnúr Caverns. The great hall is the first area encountered upon entering Sarnúr, from which you can reach the Keep from the northwestern corner of the upper level, or the caverns from the southwestern corner of the lower level.
Sarnúr is a public dungeon and the main source for reputation with Thorin's Hall; the mobs and bosses range level 45 to 50, and all the bosses are rare spawns.
NOTE: All bosses, as well as enemies in the Keep and the Caverns, have extremely high mitigations against all forms of weapon damage except of Ancient Dwarf-make.
The following deeds are available and give further reputation:
- Avenger of Sarnúr
- Betrayer's Bane
- Betrayer's Bane (Advanced)
- Master of Beasts (Sarnúr)
- Master of Beasts (Advanced) (Sarnúr)
- Troll-kicker (Advanced)
-  Cleanse the Ruins Of Sarnúr
-  Defeat the Cavern Horrors
-  Dispatch the Snow-Trolls
-  Gathering Ancient Scrolls
-  Retrieve Rune-Shards
-  Rout the Dourhands
Sarnúr Great Hall
- See Sarnúr Great Hall for more details.
Sarnúr Great Hall is the majestic, central hall of Sarnúr, encountered first upon entering the dwarf fortress.
These chambers are inhabited primarily by Dourhand Dwarves alongside their hendrevail and cave-claws. In the lower levels, however, the Dourhands battle with the trolls pushing forward from the caverns below.
- See Sarnúr Keep for more details.
Sarnúr Keep is the innermost chamber and mine shafts, of Sarnúr, reached by the northwest corner of Sarnúr Great Hall.
It is within this keep that the Dourhands have strongest control of the fortress. Within these halls, the evil dwarves train their wargs alongside their goblin allies. This keep also holds the great forges of the fortress.
- See Sarnúr Caverns for more details.
The Sarnúr Caverns are the icy depths of Sarnúr, found by the western passage in at the bottom of Sarnúr Great Hall.
The caverns are mainly inhabited by creatures like trolls, worms and snow-beasts. Some spare goblins also wander around, but the main reason why adventurers come here is the presence of the most horrifying and rare creatures of Sarnúr, like the drake Brúllug.
|46||Glúmir||Rare Signature||Dwarf Brigand||5,696||Dourhand, 3 spawn points at Sarnúr Keep where everything has greater protection.|
|48||Icerender||Rare Elite Master||Beast||31,680||Snowbeast, 3 spawn points at bottom floor of the hall of the snowbeasts, either roaming or standing grouped with two others at the far end or standing in the middle of the hall, right in front of the stairs.|
|48||Northpaw||Rare Signature||Lynx||6,400||Stealthed Highland Lynx, roaming the upper floor of the Great Hall. 3 spawn points: static spawn at the main entrance; pathing spawn across the bridge and along the back wall by the Keep entrance; pathing spawn in the back right corner.|
|48||Gâdhûp||Rare Elite||Troll-kind||15,998||Found in the Troll cave. 2 spawn points: roaming the second floor pathing across the bridges; on the ramp in the far end of the cave leading down to the bottom floor.|
|49||Latub||Rare Signature||Goblin||6,644||Blue-crag Goblin, 3 spawn points: the room when you first enter Sarnur (the Great Hall, patrolling the central bridge); the room by the tunnel down to the trolls; patrolling up and down the stairs to the trolls.|
|50||Brúllug||Rare Nemesis||Drake||68,478||Drake, roams in the Troll cave (protected elite area). Has 2 spawn points: at the second floor around a large ice shard; on the very bottom floor; it occasionally flies between locations.|
- After the Longbeards routed them from the stronghold of Thorin's Hall, the Dourhand Dwarves scattered, maintaining only their hold upon the port of Kheledûl and several small encampments among the Blue Mountains. Many travelled beyond the Ered Luin at the command of a wight masquerading as their chieftain, Skorgrím. While regathering their strength, they discovered the ruins of one of the ancient cities of their forebears, a long-abandoned delving that they renamed Sarnúr.
- In Sarnúr, the Dourhands and their evil allies are mustering their forces to begin a final assault upon the Longbeards of Thorin’s Hall and the elves of Duillond. The dwarves of the Blue Stone Garrison have begun recruitment efforts to turn aside the wrath of the Dourhands by going on the offensive. Until the threat from Sarnúr is removed, the dwarves of Thorin’s Hall will be able to lend little aid to the efforts against Angmar. -