|Landmark(s):|| Blade-beak Dens |
| Fasach-larran |
Nan Amlug East - The North Downs
|Levels:||Mainly 40 - 42|
Ram Dúath is an area within Angmar in the south-western region.
Ram Dúath is a range of black, craggy mountains with maze-like, treacherous passages and dead-end rifts and ridges. In the south-west the vales and mountain faces are den to drakes and worms, while spiders and enormous Blade-beaks prowl the other canyons. A large colony of these cave-claws have settled into a cavern in the northern part of the central valley. Angmarim and orcs guard the eastern roads at their respective strongholds of Frith-vailë and Skathmúr. Wicked Merrevail have set up their nests within an opening in the mountainside of this area as well. The forces of Angmar use these passes to move their forces and siege equipment into the southern lands, though they've been less than successful with the latter. While still host to an array of vile creatures, these valley and ridges are considerably less dangerous and grim than the rest of the region. It should be noted that the worms and drakes in the south-western vales are of much lower level and the rest of this area.
Passage to the Trév Gállorg settlement of Aughaire, as well as the barren hills of Fasach-larran, can be found in the northwestern part of the area. In the northeast, through the Angmarim stronghold of Bail Róva, one can reach the sulfuric wastes of Malenhad.
In the center of the area, athwart the only "safe" road from the North Downs to Aughaire, a friendly tribe of Earth-kins have built a village, driven away by the hosts of Angmar. In the camp are some basic services, a Camp Site Fire, and a handful of quest-givers.
From the North Downs three paths connect to this area:
- The west-most path leads into the worm and drake nesting grounds.
- The middle and only safe path leads straight to Lehmä-koti.
- The east-most and longest path runs through Ost Crithlanc and is filled with spiders and Cave-claws.
The following settlements are found within this area:
These landmarks are located within Ram Dúath:
See list of all NPCs within Ram Dúath
See "starting quests" and the landmarks for more quests
-  Valley of the Worms
-  Destroying the Hatchery
-  Mother of the Valley
-  Scales of the Earthbound Foe
-  Leathery Wings of the Drakes
-  Strength of Stone
-  In the Dark Clefts
-  Volume I, Book 6, Chapter 6: Challenging the Stone
The following creatures are found within this area:
- Blade-beak Ravager
- Blogmal Captain
- Blogmal Fighter
- Blogmal Skirmisher
- Drake Matron
- Enraged Fell-spirit
- Iron Crown Fighter
- Iron Crown Sentinel
- Skittering Strangle-web
- Strangle-web Hunter
- Young Drake
- "Far to the north of the Shire – indeed, far to the north of Bree-land and the North Downs – lies a range of black, craggy mountains that bars passage from the North Downs into Angmar beyond. This range is called the Ram Dúath. Over the course of history it has served as a fortification of the Witch-king's realm, and as a cage in which to pen his servants after his defeat. The Rangers of the North keep an eye ever trained on the mouths of its passes, watching for trouble from the cursed lands beyond.
- "The passage through the Ram Dúath is maze-like and treacherous, a den to drakes and other fell creatures, as well as home to the strange Earth-kin, gentle giants who hunt the aurochs of the North Downs. Recently, armies out of Angmar have begun to descend through the Ram Dúath, threatening the North Downs and the rest of Eriador beyond. — lorebook