Radagast the Brown
Radagast the Brown is a Wizard who is found inside the Lore-tower in Ost Guruth. [31.0S, 29.5W]
Later he will lead adventurers on an epic journey into Agamaur and is from then on also available at Barad Dhorn. [29.8S, 27.4W]
During the introduction instance for Beorning players, he can be found at Meadhollow. [13.6N, 53.3W]
After the War of the Ring, Radagast can be found in Eryn Lasgalen, outside of the Elven-halls of Felegoth. [19.9N, 36.6W]
Radagast can also be found in Eryn Mithrin, at Thornholt. [32.9N, 47.6W]
As of update 24 Radagast can also be found in Rhosgobel in the Vales of Anduin. [0.8N, 52.6W]
Known as Aiwendil ('bird-friend') in Valinor, he was sent by the Valar to Middle-earth with four other Maiar (Olórin, Curumo, Alatar, and Pallando * ) to aid in the fight against Sauron. As a servant of Yavanna (a Vala whose dominion was over that which grows on the Earth), Radagast's love of nature is, well...natural. This also explains his name in Mannish: "Tender of Beasts". Nevertheless, despite his renowned friendship with bird and beast his true speciality is in the lore of shapes and hues, and of this lore he is the Master. While Radagast may appear an unassuming old man with a deep affinity for the natural world, he is far more than his simple attire and quiet mannerisms convey. In truth, he is a powerful Wizard of the same order as Gandalf the Grey and Saruman the White, and Radagast the Brown's powers are mighty, indeed.
Although he used to dwell in Rhosgobel on the western edge of Mirkwood Forest, (said to be very near to Sauron's dark fortress of Dol Guldur), Radagast has been seen throughout Eriador of late, following strange purposes that he keeps to himself. However, he is certainly no friend to the dark forces rising in deepest Angmar; rather, his intentions are good and his actions most often work to the betterment of the Free Peoples of Middle-earth.
Radagast is mentioned only occasionally in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. In times yet ahead of Lotro, Radagast will fail in his charge to defeat Sauron, along with the Blue wizards. Unlike Saruman, however, they will remain loyal to the Valar, and what they do is ever against the Shadow of the East. However, they are following their own agendas over that of those who sent them.
Radagast the Brown in the Epic Storyline — At the end of June, III 3018, it was Radagast who near Bree met Gandalf who was heading for the Shire having Frodo to travel east the sooner. Radagast had an urgent message about the Nine that made Gandalf change plans, heading for Saruman in Orthanc where he was captured. Certainly Radagast was an unaware toy, deceived by Saruman's cunning tongue. Later it was Radagast who sent forth Gwaihir the Windlord who rescued Gandalf, and later on it may have been Radagast who again send forth the eagles at crucial moments.
-  Intro (Beorning), Instance: The Skin-changer's Heritage
-  Intro (Beorning): Preparations for Travel
-  Instance: Flying the Coop -- Lone-lands - Session play
-  Chapter 6: Worrisome Tidings as a reflection
-  Volume I, Book 2, Chapter 7: Radagast the Brown
-  Volume I, Book 2, Chapter 8: The Red Swamp
-  Volume I, Book 2, Chapter 9: The Bloated Dead
-  Volume I, Book 2, Chapter 10: Breeders of the Dead
-  Volume I, Book 2, Chapter 11: The Stone-Speaker
-  Volume I, Book 2, Chapter 14: History of the Red Maid
-  Volume I, Book 2, Chapter 15: The Red-pass
-  Volume I, Book 2, Instance: Red-pass
-  Volume I, Book 2, Chapter 16: Agamaur Secured
-  Fallen Oak
-  Merciful Release
-  The Tainted Living
-  Grimbark's Reclamation - Small Fellowship
-  Ivar the Blood-hand - Small Fellowship
-  Rings of Rhudaur - Fellowship
-  Volume III, Book 4, Instance: The Wizard's Vale - Session play
-  Purifying the Mirkwood
-  Acolyte of the Necromancer
-  The Darkness Remains
-  Mending the Mirkwood
-  The Wood of Greenleaves
-  Life in Eryn Lasgalen
-  Cleansing the Mirkwood
- [...] Eriador Year 9 Tales: Gandalf - Anniversary
-  Wizard in the Woods
-  Pick Your Potion
-  Travellers on the Dark Road
-  For the Love of Honey Cakes
-  An Unexpected Story
-  Eyes to the West
Vales of Anduin
-  Gone from the Vales
-  Nightmare's End
-  The Fate of the Gladden Fields
-  Friends Far Afield
-  Scuttling Through the Narrows
-  The Heart of the Mother
-  The Stolen Gift
-  Heeding the Call
-  A Song Amongst the Waters
-  For the Birds
-  A Gift From Radagast
-  A Message from Rhosgobel
-  Assisting Rhosgobel
-  Befriending Critters: A Cluck in Time
-  Befriending Critters: Badger of Courage
-  Befriending Critters: Bird in the Hand
-  Befriending Critters: Casting Shells
-  Befriending Critters: Get One's Goat
-  Befriending Critters: Hop to it
-  Rhosgobel: Calming the Farm
-  Rhosgobel: Calming the Wilds
-  Rhosgobel: Cleaning the Anduin
-  Rhosgobel: Cleaning the Tributaries
-  Rhosgobel: Radagast's Garden
-  Rhosgobel: The Daily Egg
-  Into the Gladdenmere
"Apa i vinya luina sír sirë"
"Sirë olla cemen, sirë olla ondo"
"Nén, tercáno cuiviëva ceutana!"
"Tolo anim, mellyn nín!"
"Lîn bellas gala!"
"In your travels through the swamps did you happen upon a squirrel? A small red fellow, he should have returned a fortnight ago."