The Plateau of Gorgoroth
- Level: 105-115
- Factions: Conquest of Gorgoroth, Red Sky Clan, Allegiance System
- Crafting: T11 - Doomfold
- Introduced: The Lord of the Rings Online: Mordor, July 31, 2017
- Quest Pack: Expansion: Mordor
- As you enter Mordor the game introduces a new mechanic called Shadow of Mordor. This shadow will greatly impact where you're able to go and how you get there.
The Plateau of Gorgoroth Locations
Locations found within the region of The Plateau of Gorgoroth are listed below.
For more detail, see The Plateau of Gorgoroth Quests
|The Plateau of Gorgoroth Deeds||The Plateau of Gorgoroth Titles|
The Plateau of Gorgoroth Reputation
The following Scourges are found wandering this region:
- The Hidden Threats are encountered randomly on the landscape.
- They contribute to the deed: Hidden Threats of Gorgoroth
The Plateau of Gorgoroth was a high desolate plain in northwestern Mordor enclosed by the Ephel Dúath on the west and the Ered Lithui on the north. The only known passages into the plateau through these mountain walls were Carach Angren (the Isenmouthe) (from Udûn and the Morannon), Cirith Ungol, and the Imlad Morgul (Morgul Vale).
In this dreary wasteland fumes issued from fissures in the ground and smoke curled and settled in hollows. Centered in the desolation some forty miles east of the Ephel Duath rose the Orodruin (Mount Doom). It and Barad-dûr, situated on a spur of the Ered Lithui and rising taller than the volcano, dominated the landscape of the plateau.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "Map of Rohan, Gondor, and Mordor"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, "The West of Middle-earth at the End of the Third Age" [map]
- 3.0 3.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Land of Shadow"
Udûn: between Cirith Gorgor and Carach Angren (also called "the Isenmouthe in Westron)
|Regions within the Land of Mordor
|Mordor Besieged • Morgul Vale • The Plateau of Gorgoroth|