The Black Book of Mordor
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Black Book of Mordor: Where the Shadows Lie
- Introduced in Update 21, The Black Book of Mordor: Where the Shadows Lie is the story line which narrates the way through the unexplored territory of Mordor, while the Epic Quest line continues to trace the activities of the Fellowship of the Ring.(Requires purchase of the Mordor Expansion.)
- The reason that we can enter Mordor and not interfere with Frodo and Sam’s mission is because the majority of the Mordor expansion is going to take place after they’ve already gotten to Mount Doom.
- Something as evil as Sauron doesn’t just go away and everything is fine. Mordor is a tremendous pit of evil and players are going to have to deal with the things that remain.
- The Fellowship is no longer the Focus, "The Black Book of Mordor" -- deals with what happens AFTER the Ring is gone.
- Exploring the power vacuum left by Sauron:
- Who/what are left after Sauron and the Nazgûl are gone?
- A number of Dark Personages are now rising in power.
- What is driving the Darkness? Players must determine who/what is filling that vacuum and prevent it from seeping out into the rest of Middle-earth.
Update 22: Legacy of the Necromancer
- Chapters 5 and 6 of the Black Book of Mordor are now available! As the Golden Host moves toward Dol Guldur, others come that way too, in search of things lost and forgotten. Players who have purchased the Mordor expansion automatically have access to this new content. Players who have completed Chapter 4.4, "Union of Evil", can speak to Mithrandir in the wreckage of the Black Gate to begin Chapter 5 of the Black Book of Mordor.
Update 23: Where Dragons Dwell
- The War of the Ring brought darkness and bloodshed to the Lonely Mountain, but now the dwarves of Erebor seek to rebuild their home and make certain their legacy. Your adventures will bring you to new lands in the company of allies familiar and unexpected, as you uncover secrets that have been hidden for an age. Stand with Gandalf the Wizard against Sauron’s lieutenants, and beware the weapons of Karazgar, the Weeping Warrior! Any player who has purchased the Mordor expansion will continue to have access to the entire Black Book of Mordor story line.
Update 24: Vales of Anduin
- Pushed to the limit by the attack of Karazgar, the Weeping Warrior, and fearing his promised return, the Dwarves of Skarháld attempt to fortify their position in the Grey Mountains. If you have completed 'Chapter 8.7: The First Promise,' you can pick up Chapter 9 by speaking with Durin on the upper level of Skarháld. This storyline will guide you to the Vales of Anduin once your business with the dwarves has been resolved.
- Interlude: Shades in the Swamp
- Darkness has fallen upon the Vales of Anduin, and Gandalf needs your help to safeguard the Woodmen and Beornings who live nearby. This new on-ramp for owners of the Black Book of Mordor allows you to pick up the story with Gandalf inside the Beorninghús, and serves as a prologue for adventures to come in Imlad Morgul! This content is available as part of the purchase of the Vales of Anduin quest pack, and free to VIPs. Players who already own the Vales of Anduin will automatically have the content unlocked for them.
Update 25 Minas Morgul
- Concluding The Black Book, this expansion brought chapters 11,12,13, and 14, which bring the player Mordor Besieged, to Minas Morgul, completes the book itself, and up to Rivendell in the epilogue.
- The Black Book of Mordor