'We need information, <name>. Galtrev is a place of no little significance in Dunland, and I want to know if Saruman's promises have already taken hold here.
'Start in the lower reaches of the village and see if anyone will speak to you of the situation here in Pren Gwydh.'
The village of Galtrev is a village divided. Does it pose a danger to the Grey Company?
Halbarad wants you to talk to the residents of Galtrev in order to learn of the situation in Pren Gwydh.
- Halbarad: 'Someone in the village may tell us what to expect in Pren Gwydh. Speak first to people in the lower reaches of the village.'
- Anwen: 'Who are you Duvodiad? You do not belong in this land. You are not welcome.'
- She scowls at you.
- 'Speak with Catrin and leave me be! She knows what should be done with duvodiad.'
Catrin is in the village of Galtrev.
You have been told to speak with Catrin.
- Anwen: 'Do not waste my time! Speak with Catrin if you must speak with anyone!'
- Catrin: She looks you up and down appraisingly.
- 'You want to know what is happening in these lands? You are far from home...so far from home. In Galtrev you must not offend the wrong people. It is dangerous to make enemies here, yes it is.
- 'If you seek information, you seek one of these three: Dai, Hulun, or Idwal. They will teach you about these lands.'
Catrin has directed you to speak with Dai, Hulun, or Idwal in Galtrev.
- Catrin: 'You should find Dai, Hulun, or Idwal here in Galtrev. They will teach you about Dunland, Duvodiad.'
- Dai, Hulun, or Idwal: 'This land belongs to the Ox Clan! You will not leave here alive!'
- Dai, Idwal or Hulun says, "You have much to learn at the hands of the Ox Clan!"
- Dai, Idwal or Hulun says, "I yield! I yield!"
- The angry Dunlending has been cowed
- Talk to Catrin in Galtrev
Catrin is in Galtrev.
You should speak with Catrin again.
- Catrin: 'I did not think to see you again, Duvodiad, but I was wrong, yes. I heard the cries of that pathetic Ox from here!
- 'Folk of many clans live in Galtrev, but those who have grown wealthy from the gifts of Saruman float to the top. We of the lower village work hard just to get by, but the task-masters in the upper village live off of our labours and return the products of them to the Wizard.
- 'Perhaps you can be of some use to the Hebog-lûth, the Clan of the Falcon. We stand against those who have thrown in with Saruman.'