|Landmark(s):||Barad Iachiant |
|Levels:||Mainly 23 - 24|
Minas Eriol is a large ruin within the south-western Lone-lands.
This area is enclosed within southern Annunlos and was once a majestic city of Cardolan. Its name is Sindarin for "Western Tower" and it stood erect watching the northern valley under the Weather Hills, but now it is inhabited by goblins, wargs, wolves, and vicious spiders.
There are several distinctly inhabited sections within the ruins:
- There is the keep, in the southern-most section, where goblins have set up camp.
- A north-western section of terraced hillside fortifications where wargs and wolves are prevalent.
- There is a lower section of ditches, beneath the city's bridges, where spiders have taken over.
- The south-eastern corner, hidden from the sun by fumes, holds an elite goblin-fort.
These landmarks are located within Minas Eriol:
See "starting quests" and the landmarks for more quests
-  A Daring Rescue
-  The Goblin-leader
-  Bounty: Goblin-scabbards
-  Bounty: Goblin-tabards
-  Candac's Obligation
-  Falster's Request
-  A Greater Theft
-  Hunters Become Prey
-  Vengeance for the Lost
-  Burning the Dead
-  Lost in Their Webs
-  Weavers Beneath the Ruins
- See also the landmarks of Minas Eriol
The following creatures are found within this area:
- Moor-web Hunter
- Moor-web Spinner
- Moor-web Weaver
- Silent Yellowfang
- Vile Moor-web
- Warg Bone-chewer
- Warg Man-flayer
- White Hand Battler
- White Hand Crusher
- White Hand Defender
- White Hand Fire-thrower
- White Hand Guard
- White Hand Lobber
- White Hand Ridge-fighter
- White Hand Sapper
- White Hand Spearer
- White Hand Spear-thrower
- White Hand Strong-arm
- White Hand Thrasher
Maps of the Lone-lands
- Prior to the heroes* entering the Lone-lands, it was invaded by orcs, goblins, wargs and half-orcs in service to Saruman. Minas Eriol was once the sister city of Ost Guruth, inhabited by the Eglain; it was also known that deadly spiders inhabited the valley below the ruins, although this didn't seem to be a problem to the Eglain. It is guessed that Saruman's forces crossed the Lornspan, hugging the ridges that surrounded Minas Eriol, before coming upon the Eglain inhabitants unawares.
- By the time the heroes reach the Lone-lands, Minas Eriol and most of the Lone-lands had fallen to the White Hand. It is likely that Minas Eriol had fallen days before the heroes arrived as the corpses in the valley below are still fresh and there is still a female Eglain fighting in the city. -- (* players)
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of the Lone-lands
|Areas:||Agamaur • Annunlos • Garth Agarwen • Haragmar • Harloeg • Minas Eriol • Nain Enidh • Talath Gaun • The Weather Hills|
|Settlements:||The Forsaken Inn • Ost Guruth|
|Landmarks:||Amon Ros • Barad Dhorn • Barad Iachiant • Bleakrift • Candaith's Encampment • The Circle of Blood • Dol Vaeg • Echad Sûl • Eglain Camp • Garth Agarwen Gate • Glumhallow • Gondrinn • Iorvinas • Ivar's Crypt • The Last Bridge • The Lornspan • Mithrenost • Naerost • Nan Dhelu • Nindor • Ost Cyrn • Ost Haer • Ost Laden • The Outer Gates • Skirmish Camp • Spring of the Red Maid • Thandobel • Tornstones • Weatherfoot • Weathertop|
|Instances:||Inn of the Forsaken|