|Middle-earth: Starter Area, Lands, Regions, Areas, Settlements, Landmarks, Maps|
Introduction areas are special Instances of their counterparts in the realm of Middle-earth. They are intended to introduce new players to the game and teach them how to interact with the environment as well as the UI.
Once there, characters will interact with NPCs that provide Introduction Quests and Creatures that are a mix of less aggressive (Yellow - will not attack unless provoked) and more aggressive (Red - Will attack on sight). Characters will also have the opportunity to group with other beginning players as these areas are open to everyone just starting out.
- Dwarves enter Middle-earth for the first time in Thorin's Gate, in the northwest section of Ered Luin.
- Elves enter Middle-earth for the first time in Refuge of Edhelion, a location within Thorin's Gate, alongside the Dwarves.
- Men and Women enter Middle-earth for the first time in Archet, near the center of Bree-land.
- Hobbits enter Middle-earth for the first time in Archet, alongside the "Big Folk".
Vales of Anduin
- High Elves enter Middle-earth for the first time in Morannon (an Instance); to which they recover in Imladris.
Starting areas are where characters are sent to after completing the Introduction Quests in the introduction areas. This is when they leave the Instance locations and enter the actual game with the rest of the players. This time, each race starts in their own location.
It is then that characters are able to interact freely with the open world. Deeds are available and encourage exploration, questing, and defeating creatures. Creatures are more aggressive now (Red - Attack on sight), Crafting is introduced, and Prologue Quests begin the Epic story-line.
- Dwarves begin their adventures in Thorin's Gate, in the northwest of Ered Luin.
- Elves begin their adventures in Celondim, in southern Ered Luin.
- High Elves also begin their adventures in Celondim, alongside the Elves.