Radanir (Sindarin for Path-finder) is a Ranger of the Dúnedain, well-regarded for his herb-lore. He is perhaps the most well-known of his kin within Rivendell after Aragorn but, unlike his chieftain, has a reputation for seriousness. Elrohir shares that Radanir opens up when in the presence of the Elf-maid Elweleth.
- "I have met few of Aragorn's kin, but Radanir is known to me, for he journeys oft into the trackless Ettenmoors and often stays here in Rivendell. For a time, my brethren sought to convince him to join the company in song in the Hall of Fire, as Aragorn would, but Radanir would have none of it." — Elrond
On the journey south, Radanir rides a steed named Glorengúr.
Radanir (The Trollshaws)
Radanir is the first member of the Grey Company to be gathered for the ride south. He is encountered within the Laenan Caves in the far northern reaches of The Trollshaws.
Once the Grey Company is assembled in Rivendell, Radanir can temporarily be found with his kin near Elrond's Stables, impatient to begin the journey. [29.1S, 6.4W]
- "'Aragorn is my chieftain, and it is my duty to go to his aid, though all the dangers of Middle-earth lie in between. This is the moment for which the Dúnedain have prepared, and I will not now abandon my kin."
- "I returned to Thorenhad to say goodbye to Elweleth, but I could not find her anywhere at the camp. I had meant to return this hairpin she had given me, but perhaps she feared the farewells. I suppose I did as well."
After the first leg of the Grey Company's journey is complete Radanir can be found at Echad Eregion in Eregion. Here, he guides players investigating an attack by uruks.
- "'We have called a halt, and it may be for longer than we originally intended. We have received a call for aid from a dwarf coming north from the White Mountains, and Halbarad has determined it to be serious enough to justify a stop."
Radanir is found at the Grey Company camp east of Lhanuch as the Grey Company pauses in Enedwaith, and takes part in the battles of Zudrugund and the Forsaken Road.
-  Volume III, Book 3, Chapter 4: Ergothorn Elf-friend
-  Volume III, Book 3, Chapter 6: For Wadu
-  Volume III, Book 3, Chapter 7: Attack on Zudrugund
-  Volume III, Book 3, Chapter 9: Ergothorn's Last
-  Volume III, Book 3, Chapter 10: Echoes of the Dead
- "'Halbarad's wishes are my own as well. We will walk the Forsaken Road and see what lies within."
As the Grey Company continues their journey south, Radanir appears in multiple locations in Dunland: First in Tûr Morva and later in the Rohirrim Scout-camp.
- "'Once this is all over, if such a thing is possible, you and I will meet at some tavern in some peaceful land, and I will buy you a drink and you will buy me three, and we will remember this day and laugh at our cares."
Radanir (Central Gondor)
Travelling further south into Gondor, Radanir can later be found resting at the port city of Pelargir.
- "'I never doubted you for a moment, and now you've won me some coins. I thank you for being so honourable. And predictable!"
Radanir (Far Anórien)
After arriving on the Pelennor Fields with the ships from Pelargir, Radanir takes part in the Battle of Pelennor Fields and can be encountered at the Ruin of Pel Dúven.
- "Cursed play-acting Orcs! They should have the decency to stay dead!"
Radanir (The Wastes)
After the victory on the Pelennor, Radanir joins the Host of the West and joruneys with them into the Wastes. He thinks of Elweleth while he waits at the Camp of the Host for the final march to the Black Gate.
- "You need to choose the tavern at which we can all meet, now that the Grey Company has accomplished its mission and we have fulfilled our oaths."