"The Rohirrim outpost of Stangard is endangered by a small party of Easterling raiders. Can the outpost be defended?"
You and Bingo have uncovered an Easterling plan to attack the outpost of Stangard.
Sabert is at the entrance of Stangard, ready to prepare for the Easterling attack.
- Sabert: 'We may not have much time before the Easterling raiding party attacks Stangard. We must make the most of the time we have available if we are to be prepared!'
- Listen to Sabert describe the preparations you will need to complete
- Sabert says, "The Men of Rohan are familiar with making preparations for war."
- Sabert says, "There are barrels of weapons atop the hill. We will carry them down here."
- Sabert says, "Then we will gather up fallen weapons wherever they may be."
- Sabert says, "Some of the men here have let their combat skills suffer. They could use some training."
- Sabert says, "We will need buckets of water brought to the watchtowers, in case the Easterlings wield fire."
- Sabert says, "We can carry those from up the hill."
- Sabert says, "Finally, we will need to clean up dirty dishes left from the noon-time meal."
- Talk to Bingo and learn what tasks he will handle
Bingo is just inside the entrance to the outpost of Stangard.
- Bingo Boffin: 'Finally, a task for which I am well-suited, <name>! I will take care of the dirty dishes, and you can handle some of the tasks that require heavy lifting!'
- Bingo Boffin says, "Dishes beware! I will clean you up in no time!"
- Talk to Langhár and learn what tasks she will handle
Langhár is just inside the entrance to the outpost of Stangard.
- Langhár: 'I am not doing any of those things, <name>.'
- Convince Langhár to help with some of the tasks
Langhár does not want to help with the preparations. Try to convince her otherwise.
- Langhár says, "What was that noise? Did you hear that?"
- Investigate the commotion to the south-west
There has been a loud commotion to the south-west. Is the Easterling attack underway?
- Langhár says, "I hear the sound of fighting!"
- Sabert says, "What is that?"
- Landroval says, "<name>! This town is under attack!"
- Landroval says, "I have subdued these warriors, but more approach! Prepare yourself!"
- Talk to Sabert in Stangard
Sabert has been shunned into silence by the appearance of Landroval, but you need him ready for battle: the Easterlings have begun their attack on Stangard!
- Sabert: 'What a creature, <name>! I have never seen anything that might hope to compare! To think that such a majestic creature could come to the aid of my people... It defies expectation!
- 'And this woman, this Beorning. She too fights for Rohan? We will stand together, <name>, and cast back our foes! From this point forward, we stand as friends and allies!'
- Defend Sabert during the Easterling attack on Stangard
- Sabert says, "More Easterlings approach! Stand against them!"
- Langhár says, "I will search for foes elsewhere in the town!"
- Sabert says, "I never thought to see such strength from one like her!
- Sabert says, "Let us see if there are more Easterlings in Stangard, <name>!"
- Sabert says, "This way!"
- Landroval says, "I have circled this town from above, and saw no more foes nearby."
- Sabert says, "Then we are safe. We have repelled the attack!"
- Sabert says, "All of you have my thanks!"
- Bingo Boffin says, "You are most welcome, Sabert! All the dishes are perfectly clean!"
- Bingo Boffin says, "Oh! Hello, Landroval! When did you arrive?"
- Talk to Bingo in Stangard
Bingo has returned from his errands, and is ready to participate in the battle... which is now concluded!
- Sabert: 'That Beorning woman really is something, isn't she? Did you see the way she fought? Such strength and ferocity! I must admit that she put even my own skills to shame!'
- Bingo Boffin: 'What's that? The battle has already happened? I thought I heard something over the splashing of the suds, but I told myself it was simply my imagination!
- 'At least the dishes are clean. Still, it would have been exciting to see Landroval and Langhár in action! I do not mean to discount your own contribution, <name>... I know you are quite impressive in battle yourself!'
- Sabert: 'I cannot stop thinking about that Beorning woman! She cut a most impressive swath through the Easterling invaders, did she not? Such strength and ferocity!'
- Bingo Boffin: 'If the battle already happened, I suppose we accomplished what we set out to do, <name>!'
Instance: Enter the Easterlings