- Dwellers of stone and miners of metal, the Dwarves are a doughty folk, resistant to the corruption of the Enemy -- but not to greed.
- Dwarves can be excellent warriors, displaying unique toughness in battle and ability to craft great things.
- The stout Dwarves of Middle-earth are known for their steadfast determination, hearty strength, and commitment to all things found in the world’s deep places. Living a secretive life in their homes beneath the great mountains, Dwarves are expert miners and workers of stone and metal. They stand on average four-and-a-half to five feet high, and live long lives, occasionally reaching an age of 250 years.
- Playable Classes: Champion, Guardian, Hunter, Minstrel, Rune-keeper
- Starting Area: Silver Deep / Ered Luin
Dwarves tend towards short, simple Norse-styled names.
- Common endings are -ori, -óin, -íli, -alin, -orin, -osi, -imli, and ormur
These are coupled with
- beginings using consonants like D-, F-, G-, H-, K-, L-, M-, N-, R-, T-, Th-, and W-, or paired consonants like Dr-, Dw-, Fl-, Gl-, or Thr-
Examples are Dori, Glóin, Kili, Balin, Thorin, Flosi, Gimli, and Gormur
A few dwarves have more complex names, combining whole words with specific endings or other whole words. (Examples: Skorgrím, Einskaldir.)
- of the Blue Mountains - Your home is in Ered Luin, the Blue Mountains, where there had once been two great dwarf-kingdoms and where the kinsmen of Thráin and his son Thorin Oakenshield lived in exile after Smaug drove them from the Lonely Mountain.
- of the Iron Hills - You come from the Iron Hills, settled by dwarves as a refuge from the Cold-drakes, and whence came Dáin Ironfoot, King under the Mountain, kinsman of the great Thorin Oakenshield.
- of the Lonely Mountain - You hail from Erebor, the Lonely Mountain, where Smaug the Golden made his Lair until Thorin Oakenshield reclaimed it for his people. There does Dáin Ironfoot now rule as King under the Mountain.
- of the Grey Mountains - You are from Ered Mithrin, the Grey Mountains, the chief of which is Mount Gundabad, from whence came Durin the Deathless, first Father of the Dwarves. Your kindred returned to the Mountains after the Dragons perished.
- of the White Mountains - You are from the southwestern halls of Ered Nimrais, the White Mountains in the south bordering the lands of Andrast. Though your kingdom lies far from the central mountains where Men once dwelt, the rumor of the Oathbreakers has given your realm an ill name.
- : -7 Fate.
- : -7 Agility.
- : +15 Might, +10 Vitality, +1% Common Mitigation.
- : +30 In-Combat Morale Regeneration, +30 In-Combat Power Regeneration, -60 Non-Combat Morale Regeneration, -30 Non-Combat Power Regeneration.
- For details see Dwarf Traits
|Head-butt||Grants the skill||13||Enmity of the Dourhands (50)|
|Guile and Might Bonus||+5% damage to red and yellow Fellowship Manoeuvre skills||19||Enmity of the Dourhands II (100)|
|Dwarf Axe-damage Bonus||+5% 1H/2H Axe damage||25||Enmity of the Dourhands III (150)|
|Fateful Dwarf||Increases Fate||13||Enmity of the Goblins (50)|
|Return to Thorin's Gate||Grants the skill||29||Enmity of the Goblins II (150)|
|Endurance of Stone||Grants the skill||35||Enmity of the Goblins III (250)|
|Dwarf-endurance||Grants the skill||30||Enmity of the Trolls (100)|
|Shield Brawler||Increases Block rating||35||Enmity of the Trolls II (150)|
|Virtuous Dwarf||+1 Fidelity, Honesty, Loyalty||35||Friend of Thorin's Hall|
These are obtained via completion of Dwarf Racial Deeds.