Breaching the Necromancer's Gate
Breaching the Necromancer's Gate, is a level 60-140 skirmish, it occurs within the fortress of Dol Guldur in Mirkwood. Skirmishes, can be started by using the Instance Finder, (as long as you're not in an instance already).
The Necromancer's Gate marks the entrance to the heart of Dol Guldur's outer fortifications. To assault the fortress, the gate must fall.
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 60 and requires the completion of the quest Volume II, Book 9, Chapter 15: Assault on Dol Guldur.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
-  Volume II, Book 9, Chapter 15: Assault on Dol Guldur
- Breaching the Necromancer's Gate
- Ill Omens: Breaching the Necromancer's Gate
- The Breaching the Necromancer's Gate (Deed) rewards the Title: Breacher of the Necromancer's Gate
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed
- Goldagnir - starting and ending
For all possible skirmish lieutenants, see the page Skirmish Lieutenants.
Random Encounter mobs:
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Fight your way thru the various wards of the Necromancer's Gate, as you clear the ward a large gate will open to the next.
Boss and End Fight
The boss fight against the Doraz is pretty straight forward.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
- Completing quest flags or objectives
- Skirmish Lieutenants
- End Boss(es)
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes the last banner must be activated before the chest appears, be aware and do not leave until the boss loot or chest has been found.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- - see details
- Heritage Runes - see details
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems - buffs or debuffs, see details
- Reputation - usually about 700 points with various factions