Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair
Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair, is a level 60-140 skirmish, it occurs within the fortress of Dol Guldur in Mirkwood. Skirmishes, can be started by using the Instance Finder, (as long as you're not in an instance already).
Taking the baileys of Dol Guldur will leave the interior defences weak and vulnerable.
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 60 and requires the completion of the quest Volume II, Book 9, Chapter 15: Assault on Dol Guldur.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
-  Volume II, Book 9, Chapter 15: Assault on Dol Guldur
- Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair
- Ill Omens: Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair
- The Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair (Deed) rewards the Title: Assaulter of the Ringwraiths' Lair
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed
For all possible skirmish lieutenants, see the page Skirmish Lieutenants.
Random Encounter mobs:
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Fight your way thru the Outer and Inner Baileys, as you clear the baileys a large gate will open to the next. In various baileys you will find help from the Golden Host, specifically Cúcheron, Sigileth and Ningloril.
- If the first flag doesn't go into capture mode, check the nearby "cellar" (on right, looking from where you came from in the beginning) for enemies, since all enemies must be killed before the flag can be captured.
- After capturing and defending the Inner Bailey you need to go back down the stairs where you came from and find the way up to the bridge crossing the courtyard you previously cleared. The guardian of the Ringwraith's Lair is across this bridge, along the last capture-flag.
Boss and End Fight
The boss fight against the Uluithiad is pretty straight forward.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
- Completing quest flags or objectives
- Skirmish Lieutenants
- End Boss(es)
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes the last banner must be activated before the chest appears, be aware and do not leave until the boss loot or chest has been found.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- - see details
- Heritage Runes - see details
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems - buffs or debuffs, see details
- Reputation - usually about 700 points with various factions