Protectors of Thangúlhad
Protectors of Thangúlhad, is a level 60-150 skirmish, it occurs within the fortress of Thangúlhad in Gathbúrz in Mirkwood. Skirmishes, can be started by using the Instance Finder, (as long as you're not in an instance already).
Thangúlhad is being assaulted by the forces of Dol Guldur just up the hill. They wish to reclaim it and eliminate the foothold the Golden Host has secured.
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 60 and requires the completion of the quest Vol. II, Book 9, Chapter 14: Thangúlhad Endangered.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
- The Protectors of Thangúlhad (Deed) rewards the Title: Protector of Thangúlhad
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed
For all possible skirmish lieutenants, see the page Skirmish Lieutenants.
Random Encounter mobs:
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Talk to Rodelleth the commanding officer at Thangúlhad. She is waiting for you to report. Mobs will charge in waves thru the two Eastern gates of Thangúlhad. Rodelleth will fight with you and warn you which gate they are heading for, giving you time to man a catapult that covers that avenue of approach. You can launch a missile at the mobs before they reach the gate to make the battles a bit easier.
Boss and End Fight
The boss fight against the gorthorog Mazaukal is a lot of fun. Head on thru the gate and meet him out on the North-South road. Rodelleth will help you out by launching catapult barrages at locations marked on the ground with squares. If you time it right, you can make short work of Mazaukal with a few missile strikes from Rodelleth. Remember to loot the corpse before leaving.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
- Completing quest flags or objectives
- Skirmish Lieutenants
- End Boss(es)
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes the last banner must be activated before the chest appears, be aware and do not leave until the boss loot or chest has been found.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- - see details
- Heritage Runes - see details
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems - buffs or debuffs, see details
- Reputation - usually about 700 points with various factions