The Dead Marshes
- Level: 100
- Factions: none
- Introduced: Update 14.2
see: Dagorlad or The Wastes for lands introduced later: Update 20 - Battle of the Black Gate - March 21, 2017
- The Steward of Gondor has sent Artamir, son of Ilcamir, to the Dead Marshes on a mysterious errand. Unfriendly eyes have tracked him to that vile swamp, and your quest is to hurry him on before his presence causes great mischief to another important mission…
- Did Frodo and Sam come this way? After concluding Artamir’s story, players can engage in a session play experience to learn what befell the two hobbits as they crossed the Dead Marshes in the company of their treacherous guide…
- The Dead Marshes Session Play hints at the beginning of the Dawnless Day - which occurs a week later than the session play takes place.
- At the beginning of the session play if one turns and looks to the sky in the South-east, the ominous clouds of the Dawnless Day are beginning to rise.
- The Dead Marshes are closer to Mordor than is Gondor, and north of both, hence the necessity to look to the south and the East. (See the maps for relative location information.)
- Access is from Dorthaneth in the Caves of the Avorrim near Dol Amroth, encountered during the Epic Quest line - Vol. IV. Book 1: The Road to Gondor Quest:Book 1: Chapter 8: Dorthaneth
- She introduces you to The Master of Horses across the cave from her location.
- Once accessed, you can simply return to the cave to return to The Dead Marshes.
- A gateway links The Dead Marshes to The Wastes at .
- Roughly opposite the swift horse to return you to the Caves of the Avorrim.
Volume IV, Book 1: The Road to Gondor
Vol. IV. Book 1: The Road to Gondor
-  Introduction: West Gondor - vector to Dunharrow (landscape quest) (Given upon reaching Level 95, though you can go ahead and start the Chapter 1 whether or not you've completed this quest if you are at least Level 91, but the book will be difficult.)
-  Book 1: Chapter 1: The Muster of the Rohirrim
-  Book 1: Chapter 2: The Ruthless Dead
-  Book 1: Chapter 3: The Whisper of Death
-  Book 1: Chapter 4: Atop Erech
-  Book 1: Chapter 5: A Difficult Road
-  Book 1: Chapter 6: The Merchant
-  Book 1: Chapter 7: Abandoned Refuge
-  Book 1: Chapter 8: Dorthaneth
-  Book 1: Chapter 9: A Message for Lothíriel
-  Book 1: Chapter 10: Keepers of the History
-  Book 1: Chapter 11: The Swan-knights
-  Book 1: Chapter 12: The Shadow in Morthond
Next: Volume IV, Book 2
The Dead Marshes Quests
-  Far From Home
-  The Orcs Have Orders
-  Danger in the Marshes
-  Fruits of Their Labour
-  Missing in the Marshes
-  Interlude: Passage of the Marshes
The following quests can be completed independently from the above quest chain:
List of everything in region:
|Regions of Gondor|
|Central Gondor • (The Dead Marshes) • Far Anórien • Eastern Gondor • Old Anórien • Western Gondor|
|Settlements and Landmarks of The Dead Marshes|
|Landmarks:||Artamir's Camp • Marshland Outpost • The Nerbyg Nests • The Lake of Dead Faces • Haudh Aîr|
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Western Gondor|
|Settlements:||Dol Amroth • Calembel • Lothgobel • Morlad • Ost Lontir • Tadrent • Dínadab • Alagrant • Sardol • Lancrath|
|Areas:||Blackroot Vale • Paths of the Dead • Havens of Belfalas • Lamedon|
|Landmarks:|| Blackroot Vale: Tingobel • The Stone of Erech • The Hill of Erech • Lhingroth • Tarlang's Neck • Tarlang's Crown|
Lamedon: Tathrendalf • The Fallen Beacon • Maegond • Bar Elir • Bandit Encampment