Battle of the Way of Smiths
Battle of the Way of Smiths, is a level 55-140 skirmish that takes place is a cave passage the Way of Smiths which bridges the caverns between the Redhorn Lode and the Silverdeep in Moria. Within lies the famed forge of the dwarves known as the Heart of Fire. Skirmishes, can be started by using the Instance Finder, (as long as you're not in an instance already).
The Way of Smiths, in which lies the secret entrance to the Heart of Fire, must be defended from the Ghâsh-hai loyal to Mazog.
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 55.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
There are two quests related to this skirmish.
- the Battle of the Way of Smiths deed rewards the Title: Defender of the Heart of Fire
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed
For all possible skirmish lieutenants, see the page Skirmish Lieutenants.
Random Encounter mobs:
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Fight waves of assaults while trying to keep Stóthkell alive. There are 3 places to defend against assaults.
Located at the various defense points are bonus scrolls that can be used during the fights:
Boss and End Fight
Simple boss fight against Harna during the final assault. Remember to loot the corpse before leaving.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
Remember to loot the boss corpse before leaving. Competing the skirmish will reward Iron Garrison Miners Reputation. Rewards and Loot scale to the level, group size and tier of the Skirmish. Loot is found:
- Completing quest flags or objectives
- End Boss
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes you will need to activate the last banner before the chest appears, be aware and DON'T LEAVE until after you find the boss loot or chest.
Skirmish Marks are the main rewards and currency of skirmishes. They are not stored in one's inventory; but found in the skirmish and player's wallet windows. Marks, Medallions, and Seals are used to barter at the many skirmish barterers.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- money coin like the
- Heritage Runes like the
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems give a temporarily buff effect on yourself, or deal damage or debuff a mob
- Reputation usually about 700 points of reputation with various factions