Battle of the Twenty-first Hall
Battle of the Twenty-first Hall, is a level 55-140 skirmish that takes place in the Twenty-first Hall of Moria. Skirmishes, can be started by using the Instance Finder, (as long as you're not in an instance already).
You have travelled to the Twenty-first Hall to aid in its defence. Follow Wíli's direction and help the Dwarves of Moria make their stand!
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 55.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
There are two quests related to this skirmish.
- The Battle of the Twenty-first Hall deed rewards the Title: Defender of the Twenty-first Hall
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed
For all possible skirmish lieutenants, see the page Skirmish Lieutenants.
Random Encounter mobs:
- Swangeir Goldstealer
- Shadow from the Heart of the World
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Fight waves of assaults while trying to keep Wíli alive. There are 3 places to defend against assaults, each with a dwarf defender and a barricade.
- Defend the barricades in the west, south or east as the text pops up.
After Wíli has relocated to the Chamber of Mazarbul:
- When you get the text "Goblin Sappers are attacking the barricades!" you should leave the Twenty-first Hall and run to the north, to the way to Jazargund.
- If the text speaks of the "Southern Hallway" it actually is the hallway northwest of the Chamber of Mazarbul.
- When you get the text "A Pûlpum Berserker is attacking the Chamber of Mazarbul!" you should retreat to the Chamber of Mazarbul.
You can pick up scrolls in the middle and plant them as a banner near the barricades. These banners provide a special buff for your fellowship:
Boss and End Fight
Push back the final assault and defeat the commander of the Orcs Motsham during the final assault. Remember to loot the corpse before leaving.
- When you are fighting the orc boss in there, be prepared for two trolls to join the fight. It might be a good idea to CC them (stun/root/fear), since they do huge wound attacks of upto 3.5k damage (at level 55). If you choose to do so, be sure to fight the boss inside the room.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
Remember to loot the boss corpse before leaving. Competing the skirmish will reward Iron Garrison Guards Reputation. Rewards and Loot scale to the level, group size, and tier of the Skirmish. Loot is found by/at/in/from:
- Completing quest flags or objectives
- Skirmish Lieutenants
- End Boss(es)
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes the last banner must be activated before the chest appears, be aware and do not leave until the boss loot or chest has been found.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- - see details
- Heritage Runes - see details
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems - buffs or debuffs, see details
- Reputation - usually about 700 points with various factions