Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Anfalas is the Elvish name for a coastal region of Gondor.
- The Anfalas, or Long Shore, also known as Langstrand in Westron (the Common Tongue), running for more than three hundred miles, lay between the rivers Lefnui and Morthond, south of the Green Hills of Pinnath Gelin.
- In the Third Age the Men of Gondor had traditions that it was once inhabited by Elves.
-  During the War of the Ring, the people of the Anfalas were harassed at the coasts by the Corsairs of Umbar. Lord Golasgil led a long line of scantily equipped hunters and fishermen, and also his own household, to the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "Minas Tirith
|Regions within the Land of Gondor|
|Before Battle: Central Gondor • Eastern Gondor • Far Anórien • Old Anórien • Western Gondor / After Battle: Anórien (After Battle) • Ithilien • The Wastes|
|Regions within the Land of Unannounced Lands|
|Andrast • Anfalas • The Barding-lands • Câr Bronach • Dorwinion • Drúwaith Iaur • East Bight • Emyn Beraid • Emyn Muil • Eryn Vorn • Far Downs • The Fields of Celduin • Forodwaith • Grey Havens • Harad (Far Harad, Near Harad) • Himling • Khand • Lindon (Forlindon, Harlindon) • Lithlad • Middle Mirkwood • Minhiriath (Sarn Ford, Tharbad) • The Narrows • Northern Ered Luin • Nurn • Pinnath Gelin • Rhûn • Southern Gondor • Southfarthing of the Shire • Tolfalas • Umbar|