The Battle of the Deep-way
The Battle of the Deep-way, is a level 55-140 skirmish, is located within Great Delving on Moria. Skirmishes, can be started by using the Instance Finder, (as long as you're not in an instance already).
Bori's failed raid upon Zabadgathol has brought the wrath of the Orcs down upon the dwarves. The encampment at the Deep-way faces a terrible onslaught from Mazog's horde. Are the Longbeards strong enough to face the challenge?" The Deep-way, a passage connecting the Great Delving to the Water-works, must be defended against the Orc onslaught.
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 55.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
There are two quests related to this skirmish.
-  Quest:Chapter 5: The Battle of the Deep-way Epic quest-giver is Brogur
- Skirmish: Battle of the Deep-way
- Ill Omens: Battle of the Deep-way
- The Battle of the Deep-way (Deed) rewards the Title: Defender of the Deep-way
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed
For all possible skirmish lieutenants, see the page Skirmish Lieutenants.
Random Encounter mobs:
- Gorged Queen
- Mad Croaker
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Fight waves of assaults while trying to keep Brogur alive. There are 3 places to defend against assaults.
Located at the various defense points are bonus scrolls that can be used during the fights:
Boss and End Fight
Simple boss fight against Gukhmûl during the final assault. Remember to loot the corpse before leaving.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
Remember to loot the boss corpse before leaving. Competing the skirmish will reward Iron Garrison Miners Reputation. Rewards and Loot scale to the level, group size, and tier of the Skirmish. Loot is found by/at/in/from:
- Completing quest flags or objectives
- Skirmish Lieutenants
- End Boss(es)
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes the last banner must be activated before the chest appears, be aware and do not leave until the boss loot or chest has been found.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- - see details
- Heritage Runes - see details
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems - buffs or debuffs, see details
- Reputation - usually about 700 points with various factions