Samwise Gamgee, usually called "Sam" is brought up in the area of Hobbiton, in the centre of the Shire. Though being Frodo's gardener he will play a major role in Prof. Tolkien's trilogy, one of the toughest roles of them all.
We will meet him throughout the Epic story-line at many locations. And much later Samwise also appears in a dream, in a quest instance which takes place at the banks of river Anduin.
- One Hobbit who may know more than most about Frodo's sudden departure is Samwise Gamgee of Bagshot Row, the youngest son of Gaffer Gamgee. He travelled with the Company of the Ring, and accompanied Frodo into Mordor and aided him in the achievement of the Quest of Mount Doom.
- As gardener and caretaker of Bag End, Sam has a close relationship with Frodo, as he did with Bilbo for many years. It is through Bilbo's stories and writings that Sam became interested in the far-off lands of Middle-earth, particularly the ways of the ancient Elves.
- Sam, like most Hobbits, prefers a fine meal (or three) to adventure of any kind. When the need arises, however, he always manages to hold on to hope, no matter how dire the circumstances. Ever-loyal to Frodo, Sam has also left the Shire to travel whatever road his master has chosen. This unwavering bond of loyalty and friendship between Sam and Frodo will be crucial as the Hobbits travel from the peaceful lands of the Shire and into the unknown wilderness that lies before them. — lorebook
- Not much is known of Sam's childhood, except that he loved swimming with other young Hobbits in the Bywater Pool. Often he played with Jolly Cotton ... and his sister Rosie at whose sight his heart always begun to throb heavily but his tongue grew dumb; 'why am I here ... and Rosie is so far away?' he soon and often will think.
-  Intro (Hobbit), Instance: A Road Through the Dark
-  A Lesson from Samwise Gamgee - Guardian
-  Volume II, Prologue, Foreword: Hobbits Far Afield - Hobbit
-  Volume II, Prologue, Foreword: Last-minute Packing - Hobbit
-  Volume II, Prologue, Instance: The Fellowship Departs - Solo only
Found at odd locations:
-  Instance: Interlude: A Dream of Cold and Silence - Session-play
- [...] Year 2 Tales: Sam - Anniversary Scavenger Hunt
- "Samwise, you ninny, what are you forgetting?"
- "Think, Samwise, think! What is it you're forgetting?"
-  Volume II, Book 7, Chapter 2: Ringbearer's Respite
-  Volume III, Book 6, Instance: Troubled Dreams - Solo only
Samwise (East Rohan)
-  Instance: Two Hobbits - Session Play
Samwise (Road to Mordor)
There are more glimpses of Frodo and Sam on the journey to Mordor in the following quest instance:
Session-plays concerning Cirith Ungol:
At Mount Doom:
After the ring is destroyed, and being saved by the eagles, Frodo and Sam rest on the field of Cormallen on the journey back the Gondor.
-  Book 9, Chapter 3: On the Field of Victory
-  Instance: A Meal in Cormallen - Hobbit Allegiance
- [...] Book 1, Chapter 2: Experts on the Subject
- [...] A Long-awaited Banquet -- Samwise Gamgee - Midsummer Festival
- "I do miss my garden."
- "I wonder if we'll be setting back to the Shire soon?"
- "Me, a guardian! Can you imagine?"
- "Master Frodo hasn't been himself since all that business with the black riders."
- "We are in quite a pickle, aren't we, Samwise old boy?"
- "What am I forgetting?"
- "I ought to go see to Bill after this."