"The end of Bingo's journey approaches with every step, but rumours tell of a blockade that might slow his progress along the road."
The long road north has been blockaded by unsavoury sorts, but Bingo will need to pass them by if he is to reach the end of his journey.
Haley is on the road north through Enedwaith, and she has some words for you before you continue.
- Haley Meadowsweet: 'When Theodore and I passed this way on our southward journey, there was a great massing of orcs and half-orcs in the ruins just ahead. We were able to slip by unnoticed, but I do not think we will be as fortunate this time.
- 'If it does come to fighting, you should try and protect Bingo from the swords and arrows of the Orcs. I will have my hands full trying to keep them from felling Theodore with a lucky stroke!
- 'Perhaps we can skirt the ruins if their numbers have increased. We will not know until we get closer.'
- Haley Meadowsweet says, "Bingo, if there are Orcs ahead... try to stay behind <name>."
- Haley Meadowsweet says, "When Theodore and I came this way, they seemed ready for war."
- Theodore Gorse says, "I saw an Orc holding a knife in its teeth! Do not tangle with him, Bingo!"
- Bingo Boffin says, "I hope they don't see us!"
- Talk to Bingo on the road through Enedwaith
- Bingo must not be defeated
Bingo is on the road north through Enedwaith, preparing to deal with the Orc blockade.
- Bingo Boffin: 'I do not like the sound of this Orc blockade, <name>. It is one thing to squish bugs in a dragon's lair, but quite another to fight creatures such as Orcs! I do not think I am prepared for this.
- 'I will do as Haley suggests, and let you do all the fighting!'
- Follow the northern road with Bingo, Haley, and Theodore
- Bingo Boffin says, "I do not want to encounter any Orcs... especially none that hold knives in their teeth!"
- Haley Meadowsweet says, "I don't see any Orcs. Where did they go?"
- Bloody Graham says, "That is a good question, lady."
- Bloody Graham says, "The Orcs seem to have fled the coop, and they left some treasure behind."
- Bloody Graham says, "Now my boys and I are in charge of this blockade."
- Haley Meadowsweet says, "We need to pass."
- Bloody Graham says, "We can work something out, can't we, boys?"
- Bloody Graham says, "We'll take all the coins you've got, and one more thing!"
- Bloody Graham says, "I like that fancy purple hat. I want it."
- Theodore Gorse says, "But... but... but..."
- Bingo Boffin says, "Excuse me!"
- Bingo Boffin says, "I have something to say!"
- Bingo Boffin says, "You can't just take Theodore's hat!"
- Bingo Boffin says, "Is this how you were raised?"
- Bloody Graham says, "Is this Shire-rat jesting with us?"
- Bloody Graham says, "You there! Will you do as we say, or is it blood-spilling time?"
The brigand leader has motioned for you to speak to him.
- Bloody Graham: 'I suppose you fancy yourselves adventurers? Well, you'll have to give us what we want or you'll find yourselves on the wrong side of our blades!'
- You silently appraise the band of brigands, taking in their mismatched clothes, and the poor quality of their weapons. These men are very inexperienced, more likely to wield shovels and ploughs than knives and swords. They are new to banditry, and if it does come to combat, you know something else: all of these men will be dead before Bingo has uncovered his eyes.
The brigands will not let you pass, and must be slain.
- Bloody Graham says, "You're not going to pay? Die, then."
- Bloody Graham says, "Ready your weapons, boys!"
- Bingo Boffin says, "Just a moment, <name>; do you think we could all think about this?"
- Bingo coughs and strides forward
- Let Bingo have his say, but remain alert
Bingo has something to say to the brigands.
- Bloody Graham says, "I don't think you are in a position to talk, Hobbit!"
- Bingo Boffin says, "I beg your pardon, but I do think I am. And you may call me Bingo."
- Bingo Boffin says, "I have been on rather a long journey, and I have seen quite a lot."
- Bloody Graham says, "Is that so? You haven't seen anything deadlier than me and my boys, I wager."
- Bingo Boffin says, "Not true! I have seen ferocious beasts, frightening wraiths, and even a dragon!"
- William Lark says, "A d-d-dragon?"
- Bloody Graham says, "Hold it together, Will."
- Bloody Graham says, "Why does it matter? I can end your life as easy as speak to you, Bingo."
- Bingo Boffin says, "Maybe. But I have come to know something on this journey."
- Bingo Boffin says, "I am tougher than I look. And my friends are at least as tough as THEY look."
- Bingo Boffin says; "They would come to my aid, and I would come to theirs."
- William Lark says, "The little fellow speaks sense, Graham."
- Bloody Graham says, "Did you really see a dragon?"
- Bingo Boffin says, "We did! It was quite impressive."
- Theodore Gorse says, "I woke it up!"
- Haley Meadowsweet says, "Be glad you weren't there."
- William Lark says, "There are no dragons around Bree. Why are we here, Graham?"
- Bloody Graham says, "Banditry and thieving seemed easier than farming."
- Bloody Graham says, "How was I to know this mad hobbit and his dangerous friends would come along?"
- Bingo Boffin says, "Staying home would have been easier for me too."
- Bingo Boffin says, "Why not find a place where you can try farming once again?"
- Bloody Graham says, "Is that something we can do?"
- Bloody Graham says, "Mayhap you're right."
- Bloody Graham says, "Let's go, boys! Life as a farmer is more appealing than death as a brigand."
One of the former brigands has motioned for you to speak with him.
- William Lark: 'I want to thank you for letting your friend talk some sense into Graham. I wasn't certain this endeavour was going to work, and when we saw your group approaching on the road, I became concerned that we were all about to die. Our career as brigands was short-lived, but better that than our own lives be short.
- 'The Orcs had abandoned the blockade by the time we arrived. Graham thinks something must have drawn them away, and in a hurry too. Whatever the reason, they left some plunder behind. I want you to give it to Bingo, as a gift from those whose lives he saved today!
- 'Farewell! It will be farming for the rest of us from now on, as it should always have been.'
- Examine the treasure coffer William wants to give Bingo
William told you that some of the plunder was left behind by the Orcs, and he wants Bingo to have it.
- TREASURE COFFER "This coffer is full of the ill-gotten gains the Orcs secured from folk on the road."
- The small coffer contains many golden coins
- Talk to Bingo at the blockade
Bingo is at the blockade in northern Enedwaith.
- Bingo Boffin: 'William wants me to have the treasure? Well, I suppose we can bring it with us. I did not do anything to deserve it, but its rightful owners are probably not going to come looking for it. The Orcs that collected it in the first place saw to that.
- 'I am glad it did not come to bloodshed today, <name>. I took one look at the brigands and knew they were no match for any of us. They needed words more than they needed to suffer for their poor decision to accost us.
- 'I am ready to continue our homeward journey!'
- Bingo Boffin: 'This road leads north for many miles. Haley tells me that it will bring us to the Bree-land!'
Instance: Through the Blockade