|Region:||The Plateau of Gorgoroth|
|Region:||The Plateau of Gorgoroth|
The headquarters of Lhaereth the Stained, the fortress of Seregost is found in the north-east of Agarnaith, straddling the river Chaydash. It divides Agarnaith proper from the Mokál Rukh, and is said to be accessible only by flight. The Conquest of Gorgoroth will have to find another way of bypassing its sheer western walls.
Seregost has weaknesses to exploit, however. Anyone clever and nimble enough might find a way to climb up, though it may seem impossible to those lacking in resourcefulness. The pair of Watching-stones on either side of the fortress share a mysterious bond and are no friends of Lhaereth. And anyone approaching Seregost from the east will find two entrances at ground level, each guarded only by a pair of Uruks.
The halls leading from these entrances have openings on either side, about halfway through, providing access to the Western and Eastern Courtyards and to the centre of the fortress. In the centre is a door to the Pits of Seregost, where Lhaereth's prisoners are kept. However, this is only accessible during The Secrets of Seregost. At the other end of these halls, opposite the entrances, are the Western and Eastern Terraces.
Stairs in each courtyard go to the upper level, where the Mokál Rukh Terrace looks out to the north-east and the Overlook Terrace looks over Agarnaith to the south-west. On the Overlook Terrace is the entry to the Court of Seregost, the chambers of Seregost's guests and leadership. This is the site of a World Instance which takes place after the events in the Pits.
The following deeds can be advanced by visiting this location:
- Agarnaith Pathfinder
- Discovery: The Court of Seregost
- Rare Gorgoroth Chests of Agarnaith
- Seregost Explorer
- Treasure of Agarnaith
-  Instance: The Secrets of Seregost
-  Enemies in Seregost
-  Lost Lore of Gorgoroth: Agarnaith
-  The Return to Seregost
-  The Bloody Watchers
During The Secrets of Seregost:
During The Return to Seregost:
The following creatures are found within this area:
Pits of Seregost:
- Balchiar the Blood-witch
- Bolvág the Cursed
- Infected Goblin
- Infected Orc
- Stained Morroval
- Stained Morvul
- Lhaereth had long been loyal to Sauron even before he first came to Mordor, so he built for her Seregost, the Blood-fort, among the wooded Broken Vale. There she brewed her plagues which transformed the Broken Vale into the Bloody Gore.
- Sauron considered the Great Plague a failure, however, and gave Seregost to the Black Blade of Lebennin, as one of the Nine Keeps he granted to the Nazgûl. Lhaereth later reclaimed the fort. Ayorzén claims that those taken to Seregost never leave, and that those subjected to her experiments are stripped of their identity.
- Mauznákh the Ruined says, I used to be the captain of Kala-gijak. When Sauron fell, Lhaereth came to me, demanding I swear myself to her.
- Mauznákh the Ruined says, I would not! She did nothing to help on the Fields of Pelennor, and she did nothing to help at the Black Gate! Uruk-hai owe her nothing!
- Mauznákh the Ruined says, And what did I get for my years of loyalty to the Dark Lord? That coward, Brogmaush, made a deal with Lhaereth, and betrayed me! I was taken here, and subjected to her experiments...
- Mauznákh the Ruined says, She has crafted a second Great Plague, and means to drop it on your homelands. She almost has enough.
- Mauznákh the Ruined says, There is no cure, but you can destroy her chemical cauldrons before she can release it. It will take her decades to make more.
- Mauznákh the Ruined says, She keeps the cauldrons near her throne room, deep in Seregost, guarded by her deadliest spawn.
- Mauznákh the Ruined says, I tell you this so you can thwart her plans and destroy her! Be forever accursed, Lhaereth the Stained! May these westerners give you what you deserve!
- Mauznákh the Ruined says, That is all I know. Go now. Leave me to die.
The centre of Seregost, through which flows the Chaydash river.
View of Agarnaith from Seregost's Overlook Terrace.
The ruins of Barad-dûr as seen from the terraces of Seregost.
The entrance to the Court of Seregost, at the Overlook Terrace.
Rhadrog finds the door to the Pits.
|Settlements and Landmarks of Agarnaith
|Settlements:||Agarnaith Ranger Camp|
|Landmarks:||Bhol Rûdh • Faltor Gâm • Kala-gijak • Orodruin Northern Overlook • Seregost • Viznak's Hideout|
|Interiors:||Lair of the Gloom-lord|
|Instances:||The Court of Seregost • Trouble at Bhol Rûdh|
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Plateau of Gorgoroth|
|Areas:||Agarnaith • Dor Amarth • Lhingris • Mokál Rukh • Orodruin • Talath Úrui • Udûn|
|Settlements:||Agarnaith Ranger Camp • Lûghash, the Flaming Spire • Magh Ashtu • Ruins of Díngarth • Udûn Foothold|
|Landmarks:||Barad-dûr • Bhol Rûdh • Dath Nethryn • Cirith Gorgor • Ennyn Ûr • Ephel Dúath • Ered Lithui • Forges of Anglach • Ghâshghurm • Grishbalt • Kala-gijak • Isenmouthe • Maegond Spur • Mithram Spur • Morannon • Mordath • Nargroth • Rath Cail • Seregost • Tower of Cirith Ungol|
|Interiors:||Anglach • Cirith Ungol • Durthang • Kâm Lagúrz, the Brokencleft • Lair of the Gloom-lord • Sammath Naur|
|Instances:||Anglach, the Great Foundry / Stockpiles of Gorgoroth: Bones of Barad-dûr • Road on The Burning Mountain • The Hold of Kála-murg • The Tower of Durthang • Trouble at Bhol Rûdh / World Instances: The Abyss of Mordath • The Court of Seregost • The Dungeons of Naerband|