Bree-land Area Quests
- Note: this list is updated based on play in January 2011; however, there are many changes to the quests that have not yet been reflected in the individual pages.
Bree-land has starter quests comparable to the Shire or Ered Luin (6-12); is the main source of the next level quests (14-25); and has a few random higher quests, some of which take place in Bree-land, some elsewhere (20-35).
Early Quests (6-14)
Menace in the Midgewater
Defending the Harvest
Eldo and Asphodel
Goblins in the Marshes
-  Prologue (Beorning/Man): Burying the Dead
-  Prologue (Beorning/Man): An Urgent Summons
-  Prologue (Beorning/Man): Finding Amdir
-  Prologue (Beorning/Man): Cutleaf's Good Intentions
-  Prologue (Beorning/Man): Greater Responsibility
-  Prologue (Beorning/Man): A Critical Strike
-  Prologue (Beorning/Man): The Hideout
-  Prologue (Beorning/Man): Chasing Amdir
-  Prologue (Beorning/Man): To a Ranger's Aid
Continues with Foreword: An Unwanted Guest -- Vol. I, Book 1
Bree-town and Southern Bree Fields (Levels 14-17)
Welcome to Bree-town
Received when entering Bree.
-  No Time For Tours! leads to The Baying of the Wolves and A Dwarf-made Blade.
The Baying of the Wolves
Started by Chief Watcher Grimbriar.
-  Sharkey's Men
-  Shadow of the White Hand
-  Rogue's Gallery
-  Sharkey's Plan
-  The Vale of Andrath
-  Informing Grimbriar
- After finishing the above chain, the vector quest Along the Great East Road will open up if you have not yet completed the Mr. Haybank Meet.... quest.
- Watcher Oakdale gives the following tasks after The Vale of Andrath:
A Dwarf-made Blade
-  A Dwarf-made Blade
-  Getting the Blade Back
-  Forging a New Blade
-  A Blade For a Life Small Fellowship
Buckland & Old Forest Quests (14-16)
-  No Time For Tours!
-  Old Forestry
-  Unwelcome Strangers (Appears in the shire quest group of the quest log).
-  Rollo and Doderic
-  Old Forest Investigation
A Right Proper Place
Three quest givers are near Celandine.
- in any order:
-  Sharing the Load
-  Mr. Haybank Meet.... leads to Adso Haybank
The Wood-cutter's Tale
Toly Brockhouse is near the Old Forest entrance in Buckland.
-  The Wood-cutter's Tale
-  New Trouble in the Old Forest also leads to Canopy and Hollow
-  Haunted Forest
Canopy and Hollow
Gillemin Brandybuck has several other tasks for you:
Stirrings in the Old Forest
Three quest givers are near the Old Forest entrance in Buckland.
Great East Road Quests (Levels 16-17)
Unfair Cost of Doing Business
Given by Adso Haybank
-  Adso's Delivery
-  Down-payments
-  Threats and Follow-through
-  Paying Bills
-  Payment in Full
Worth of a Worker
Quests offered in Adso's Camp after Adso's Delivery is completed.
Previous: Volume I, Prologue
|Men:||Bree-land Epic Prologue|
|Hobbits:||Shire Epic Prologue|
|Dwarves & Elves:||Ered Luin Epic Prologue (United Path)|
Volume I, Book 1: Stirrings in the Darkness
-  Foreword: An Unwanted Guest Optional
-  Chapter 1: Unravelling the Thread
-  Chapter 2: To a Constable's Aid
-  Chapter 3: Blackwolds Broken
-  Chapter 4: Dark Designs
-  Chapter 5: The Other Riders
-  Chapter 6: In the Black Riders' Wake
-  Chapter 7: Horn-call of Buckland
-  Chapter 8: Master of the Wood
-  Chapter 9: Lilies for the River-daughter
-  Chapter 10: Into the Barrow-downs
-  Chapter 11: Othrongroth
-  Chapter 12: The Black Rider's Designs
Next: Volume I, Book 2
Barrow-downs (18-25) Quests
Found a dead body at the northern entrance to the Barrow-downs:
-  The Failed Delivery leads to a camp of survivors.
History in the Barrow-downs
Tobold Leafcutter in the survivor's camp:
-  The Dead Spire
-  Digging in the Dirt
-  Treasures of Cardolan
-  Collecting History Fellowship
Calming the Wake
Reginald Sickleweed in the survivor's camp:
-  Calming the Wake
Bob Redthistle on the Dead Man's Perch:
-  Purging the Dead Fellowship
The Wandering Shade near the Dead Spire:
Letter from the mayor:
-  Graeme's Thanks
The Dead Man's Perch
Stopping the Spread of Death
Bob Redthistle on the Dead Man's Perch:
Addie's Missing Sons
Addie Wheatley on the Dead Man's Perch:
-  Heading West Fellowship
Northern Bree-fields (Levels 18-21)
At some point the ranger Saeradan sends you mail to tell you things aren't finished yet:
-  Saeradan's Call
Saeradan sends you to Thornley's farm:
Other quest givers at the farm: Ray Thistlebur:
-  Bears Craving Honey
-  Boars Making Beds
-  A Hollow of Wolves
My Brethren's Call
Saeradan sends you to Andreg at the Greenway Fort.
-  My Brethren's Call
Fighting Orcs from the north:
-  Orc Out-riders
-  Signs of Struggle
-  Dirty Work: Orc-slaying
-  Ill Gotten....
-  Breaking Alliances
-  Word to the South
Next Saeradan sends you to Éogar at the Hengstacer Farm.
-  Hengstacer Farm
-  Horses for Hire
-  The Forgetful Dwarf
-  Stolen Notes
-  Down the Hill
Andreg sends you to find more Orcs to the north east:
Into the Woods
Emma Rosethorn at the Hengstacer Farm.
-  Snapper Soup
-  Bounty: Turtle-shells Repeatable
Continuation Quests (15-20)
Later Quests (17 - 35)
Learning to Ride
You must be at least 20 to start these quests.
-  Proving Your Quality