Jump to navigation Jump to search
Towers of the Teeth
|Landmark(s):||Dûm Boha |
- The Slag-hills is an area within the Wastes.
- The Slag-hills are great mounds of debris, composed of blasted stone and earth, that had been piled over many years by toiling Orcs in front of the Morannon.
- North amid... noisome pits lay the first of the great heaps and hills of slag and broken rock and blasted earth, the vomit of the maggot-folk of Mordor; but south and now near loomed the great rampart of Cirith Gorgor, and the Black Gate amidmost, and the two Towers of the Teeth tall and dark upon either side.
- Therefore Aragorn now set the host in such array as could best be contrived; and they were drawn up on two great hills of blasted stone and earth that orcs had piled in years of labour. Before them towards Mordor lay like a moat a great mire of reeking mud and foul-smelling pools.
- The men of the West were trapped, and soon, all about the grey mounds where they stood, forces ten times... their match would ring them in a sea of enemies....
- Upon the one hill Aragorn stood with Gandalf, and there fair and desperate was raised the banner of the Tree and Stars. Upon the other hill hard by stood the banners of Rohan and Dol Amroth.... And about each hill a ring was made facing all ways, bristling with spear and sword.
- These landmarks are located within The Slag-hills:
- Small Ranger Camp in the Slag-hills
|The Wastes: The Slag-hills Quests|
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Wastes
|Areas:||Dagorlad (Morannon (War of the Last Alliance)) • (Lang Rhuven) • The Noman-lands • The Slag-hills (Battle of the Morannon)|
|Settlements:||Camp of the Host • Haerondir|
|Landmarks:||Tham Durlan • Nuiharn • Guard Tower Ruins • Store House Ruins • Merchant shop Ruins • Farm House Ruins • Inn Ruins • Noble's House Ruins • Stable Ruins
Carchost • Dol Acharn • Dûm Boha • Fushaum Gund • Narchost • Ondoher's Folly • Skoironk