- This page is about Faramir, son of Denethor. For the prince of Gondor and son of King Ondoher, see Faramir, son of Ondoher.
Faramir (Old Anórien)
-  Before the Shadow, Instance: A Long Way From Gondor flashback
Volume IV, Book 7 Quests
The Battle of Pelennor Fields
Houses of Healing
After recovering from his wounds, Faramir takes up the position of Steward of Gondor, though he soon officially recognizes Aragorn as king and later takes the title of Prince of Ithilien. Faramir is seen later at the wedding of Aragorn and Arwen and can be found in Merethrond after the ceremony, seated at the high table beside Samwise Gamgee.
Kingdom of Gondor Allegiance:
Faramir (Morgul Vale)
Faramir, son of Denethor and Captain of the Rangers of Ithilien, made a Prince of Gondor after the end of the war, has led a band of his Rangers and others into Imlad Morgul to capture Minas Morgul and clear the valley of evil.
-  Chapter 13.4: The Road to the Moon-lands
-  Chapter 13.5: The Watch on the Dead City
-  Chapter 13.6: The Sword and the Stonemaiden
-  A Company Divided
-  Instance: A Waxing Moon
Faramir (T.A. 2983 – F.O. 82) was a wise man of nobility and the second of Denethor's two sons. As the Captain of the Rangers of Ithilien (as well as the Captain of the White Tower after his brother's death) during the War of the Ring, he had the strength of his Númenórean ancestors, whose blood ran true in him, to reject the Ring without temptation—where else his brother, Boromir, could not.