- Dyes can be used to change the colour of your equipment.
- You can apply dyes directly to your equipped armor, or you can apply them to items in your Wardrobe or Vault.
- The Wardrobe allows you to save all dye colors applied to any piece of equipment, otherwise, only the specific item is dyed.
- To dye an item in your Wardrobe, simply right click on the dye pot and then left click on the item you wish to dye.
- The Dressing Room is used to check the colour effect on your equipment before using any dye.
- ctrl + left-click on an equipment item to open your Dressing Room.
- You can then preview any colour from the drop-down menu available.
- Note: Some items cannot be dyed (example: the Rise of Isengard pre-order cosmetics). If an item cannot be dyed, you will not be able to change the drop-down menu for that item slot.
- The primary source of dye is the Scholar crafting profession. A scholar can create dyes once they have learned a recipe for the particular dye colour and acquire the necessary components.
- A few dyes are awarded as quest rewards. Dyes are also frequently available in the Auction House.
||Ered Luin Blue
Dye Chart by tier
- All dye ingredients are rare items from their respective fields and resource nodes, except for , and , which are themselves resources found around the world.
- Example: a strawberry field will always produce a strawberry crop, but will rarely produce the juicy strawberry needed for red dye. Well-tended fields from critical farming successes increase the chance for rare items.
- Black dye is a critical success from the rust dye recipe unless you have the Supreme tier improved black dye recipe from the Scholar's Guild.
Note: dye colors can look very different on different armour pieces. You can preview how any dye will look on a particular item by using the Dressing Room function, accessed by CTRL + left-clicking on that item, then choosing what dye colour you want to see in the drop down menus shown there.
|Navy||Evendim Blue||Ered Luin Blue||Sea Blue|
|Turquoise||Green||Forest Green||Rivendell Green|