Jump to navigation Jump to search
The history of Arda and Middle-earth has been rife with wars, each with their own battles, casualties and outcomes.
In chronological order:
- The First War between the Valar and Melkor at the beginning of time.
- The War of the Gods between the Valar and Morgoth. Year of the Trees 1090 - 1099.
- The Wars of Beleriand between the Noldor and Morgoth. Year of the Trees 1497 - First Age 587 affecting Beleriand.
- The War of Wrath between the Host of Valinor and Morgoth. First Age 545-587 affecting Beleriand.
- The War of the Elves and Sauron between the Elves of Eriador and Sauron. Second Age 1693-1701 affecting Eriador.
- The War of the Last Alliance between the Last Alliance of Elves and Men and Sauron. Second Age 3429-3441 affecting Mordor and Rhovanion.
- The Angmar War between Arnor and Angmar. Third Age 1356-1974 affecting Eriador and Rhovanion.
- The Kin-strife, a civil war of Gondor. Third Age 1432-1447 affecting eastern Gondor.
- The Corsair Wars between Gondor and the Corsairs of Umbar. Third Age 1448 - Fourth Age affecting the coastal lands of the Bay of Belfalas.
- The Easterling Wars between Gondor and Easterling tribes, mostly Wainriders and Balchoth. Third Age 1851-2510 affecting Gondor, Rhovanion and Dagorlad.
- The War of the Dwarves and Dragons between Durin's Folk and the Dragons of Ered Mithrin. Third Age 2570-2589 affecting the Grey Mountains.
- The War of the Dwarves and Orcs between Durin's Folk and the Orcs of Rhovanion. Third Age 2793-2799 affecting northern Rhovanion.
- The War of the Ring between the Free Peoples and Sauron. Third Age 3018-3019 affecting norwestern Middle-earth.