|Welcome to LotRO-Wiki!|
Hello, Drono, and welcome to LotRO-Wiki, the Lord of the Rings Online Wiki!
Some useful pointers:
We hope you enjoy editing here!
Make constructive reverts
- Why did you change the "questgroup" parameter for all of the Rhosgobel quests? "Vales of Anduin" is the heading they're found under in the quest log (along with the three "Protecting..." quests). My understanding is that the wiki standard practice is to set "questgroup" to the quest log heading, and use "questchain" for any necessary additional grouping.
- Also, the pages are now broken for three of the quests, due to the "questgroup" parameter being completely deleted.
- -Velkeirien (talk) 09:06, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- My issue with "questgroup" and "questchain" is that they are often subcategories of each other. According to the categorization manual, pages should belong only to the bottom-most category. Unfortunately the current template does not provide a solution to this, editing the Questbox template would cause changes on large amount of pages, but it seems there is not better solution to this.
- Sorry for the inconvenience, i reverted those changes. Thanks for letting me know.
- - Drono (talk) 10:41, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- All right; thanks for the explanation, and the reverts.
- Looks like in older regions, the quest groups and quest chains are generally two separate categories underneath the region category. That's not what I've seen in the categorization for more recent regions, on which I've been basing the Vales of Anduin categorization. I'm not sure when the practice changed, or why, but perhaps the newer regions should have their categorization changed to come in line with the older practice.
- -Velkeirien (talk) 11:26, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Reading through [Category talk:Quest Chains], seems "questchain"s are no longer in use by SSG. However the questchian box would be ridiculous - see [Quest:Introduction: Vales of Anduin].
- In my opinion best would be to change the Questbox template to stop the unwanted behavior.
- - Drono (talk) 14:16, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for your help. I am feeling my way but wanted to get the new items up. If policy is to omit floating names I will do it -- but I think the floating names enhance the picture myself. RULE ONE - The Administrator is always right. RULE TWO - If the Administrator is ever wrong, refer to RULE ONE.
Any idea how to access the https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues pages 72 link for changing to a cap of 68, not sure how to access this page Virtues I will also be slowly working through the entire set of Stat Tomes as they were all renamed from ie; Tome of Vitality IX to Tome of Vitality 9, the values for some have also changed —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sucamarto (Contribs • User Talk • Email) at 00:04, 6 March 2020.
Old Class Guides
- No, sorry, i was looking at the previous diff and i guess i edited wrong page. Drono (talk) 12:43, 2 July 2020 (UTC)
.PNG to .JPG Thanks
- Thanks for the categorization. I usually try to not categorize images that are not yet in use/have some problems, as the pages Special:UnusedFiles and Category:Stubs/Image already have lot of files in them, in hope someone will notice and upload better image before they get lost there.
- Drono (talk) 12:00, 9 July 2020 (UTC)
Template not categorizing
I am trying to categorize Template:Epic to general wiki templates I have added the category but it is still showing as not categorized.
- Please do not categorize templates directly - it is done trough the Doc pages. Look at Template:Documentation
- If you want to categorize page that is transcluded somewhere, use <noinclude>CATEGORY</noinclude>.
- Drono (talk) 07:13, 10 July 2020 (UTC)
- Fixed the Epic Template too - was case of not matching brackets and missing / Drono (talk) 07:53, 10 July 2020 (UTC)
Main Page Special Events
Can you please correct the link to special events so it skips the redirect I got all the other ones cleaned up and thanks.
png to jpg
why are you uploading jpg version of the png files? Coloration is very degraded in jpg and quality to some extent —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rohanreads (Contribs • User Talk • Email) at 22 December 2020.