Throne of the Dread Terror
|Cluster:||The Battle of Pelennor|
"The Enemy's grip tightens on the defenders of Gondor as Gothmog seizes control of the armies of Mordor. Marching from the gates of Osgiliath, foes pour into the Pelennor Fields with a renewed vigour. In the wake of the Witch-king's defeat, vile sorcery looms over the field as the most powerful allies of the Dread Terror are summoned forth. If Gothmog spoke true of the fate he shares with Golodir, can victory yet be found?"
The Throne of the Dread Terror is a multi-boss 12-man dungeon featuring six boss fights with trash mobs interspersed between them. It takes place during the Battle of Pelennor Fields, situated just before Éomer's Riders reach the Hillock (Rider's Stand) and just after completion of the the Foe Resurgent instance.
- The raid is set to only be playable at the current level cap.
- "For Throne of the Dread Terror, Tier 1 has no locks, and thus, no progress-saving. However, that also means that you can run it as many times as you want in a week without the worry of being locked out. Tier 2, on the other hand, does use locks. Your progress will be saved during the course of the lock-cycle and you can only defeat each boss once per week."
Click [+] to expand a list of deeds found within the instance.
Click [+] to expand a list of quests found within the instance.
- Set-Akaji, Arpong-Dokh & Ku-Nerpag
- The Unbroken One
- The Woe of Khand & The High Sorcerer of Harad
Click [+] to expand a list of mobs found within the instance.
- After the fall of the Witch-king of Angmar at the hands of Éowyn and Merry, a new commander seizes control of the Morgul-host: Gothmog, the Dread Terror. Calling in reinforcements from Osgiliath, the fierce wraith is threatening to turn the tide of battle in favour of Mordor. He must be stopped if the Men of Gondor and Rohan are to survive this day.
Triggering Rakothas Fight:
During Rakothas Fight:
Path to Mûmakil:
Triggering Mûmakil Fight:
Path to Vadokhar:
Triggering Vadokhar Fight:
|The Unbroken One|
Path to The Unbroken One:
Triggering The Unbroken One Fight:
Path to Nazgûl:
Triggering Nazgûl Fight:
During Nazgûl Fight:
End of First Gothmog Fight:
Entering the Breach of Terror
Path to Amarthiel & Mordrambor:
Path to Mordirith:
Triggering Mordirith Fight:
During Mordirith Fight:
Path to Third Gothmog Fight:
During Third Gothmog Fight:
End of Third Gothmog Fight:
Escaping the Breach of Terror
Start of Silmahtar & Calatúr Fight:
During Silmahtar & Calatúr Fight:
Silmahtar & Calatúr Defeated:
Tokens acquired from T1 and T2 chests can be bartered at Minas Tirith with the Master of Battle Lore NPCs:
- Master of Battle Lore (Pelennor Warrior's Gear Rewards Vendor)
- Master of Battle Lore (Pelennor Scout's Gear Rewards Vendor)
- Master of Battle Lore (Pelennor Sage's Gear Rewards Vendor)
- Master of Battle Lore (Pelennor Rewards Vendor)
Bosses found in the Throne of the Dread Terror
"The Return of the Raid" - https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/return-raid
|The Battle of Pelennor Instances|
|Small fellowship:||Blood of the Black Serpent • The Quays of the Harlond|
|Fellowship:||The Silent Street|
|Raid:||Throne of the Dread Terror|