"It has been many long years since the Men of Rohan established the keep of Stangard on the borders of Lórien, but the neighbouring Elves, suspicious of all, have never yet let themselves be seen by the Rohirrim."
The Elves of Thinglad are unveiled to their Stangard neighbours at last.
You should speak with Noriel at once.
- Noriel: 'Those who did this are surely still nearby. I can smell their foul breath upon the air. Be alert, <name>!'
Orcs are attacking Thinglad!
You should defeat many Orcs.
- Noriel says, "Ready yourself, my friend. The enemy cannot be far!"
- Noriel says, "Ai! They come!"
- Noriel says, "There may be more of them...be ready."
- Noriel says, "I hear more...they are coming. But where did they all come from?"
- Noriel says, "I hear many footsteps approaching this time..."
- Noriel says, "Arrows...but how...?"
- Noriel says, "Ah, Horse-riders. The trespassers themselves."
- Thank Wynmar for his intervention
You should talk to Wynmar.
- Wynmar: 'I greet you, <name>. I apologize for following you, but we did…and it is a good thing, too. It looks like we were just in time to save you and your fair friend.
- 'Pray…introduce me to this brave lady. I rarely see a warrior fight so well, man or women.'
- Wynmar appears to be rather smitten with Noriel
- Listen to Noriel and Wynmar
Observe the dialogue between Noriel and Wynmar.
- Wynmar says, "You fight well, lady! Many of my folk would have succumbed to so many foes."
- Noriel says, "I thank you for coming to our aid..."
- Noriel says, "But now that we meet, know that you trespass upon Elf-lands."
- Wynmar says, "I am sorry, my lady. Your presence in these woods was only a rumour until this moment."
- Noriel says, "You speak well for your kind. I will not forget your aid...but I must insist that your people leave this wood."
- Wynmar says, "I waited for word of our companion, and we have it -- he has fallen."
- Wynmar says, "My folk will leave your forest and not return, if we are not wanted. You have my word."
- Noriel says, "Good -- that is settled! Thank you, Horse-rider."
- Noriel has asked Wynmar to lead his people from Thinglad, and he has given his word
You should talk to Noriel.
- Noriel: '<name>, I look to you to ensure that Wynmar keeps his word. Please help the Rohirrim with anything they need before they depart these woods.
- 'Will you see our friends back to their camp?'
- Noriel: 'Are you ready to bring Wynmar back to his camp?'