Easter Eggs come in many different sizes, shapes and "philosophical directions."
Many are visual "puns." Others are external, cultural references, many to Tolkien.
- An indoor, intellectually inclined Rabbit, is found in the Bird and Baby Inn in Michel Delving, musing itself with the "Inklings members" in the back room.
- The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog -- "caer bannog" is Welsh for "turreted castle" -- is an "Easter Egg" -- Is a reference to the epic battle in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Lore Master Skill:
- Improved Sign of the Wild: Rage -- Buff: pet attack duration, damage and increase pet threat
Found in Enedwaith:
- Ost Dunhoth, it is just to the right, or west, as you face the gate - opposite the small camp with the muster horn. [73.9S, 20.3W]
cave of Caer Bannog
- Little bear ganker in The Great River
Hrodberht: There is a second bunny on a bear at 29.0S 70.5W Limlight Gorge. I wonder if we draw lines from the way they are pointing they intersect at the Burrow? Which makes me wonder, is there a bunny-on-a-bear in each zone of the river? If not, why have more than one?
Hmmm. Why indeed.
- Wailing Hills - Hidden Burrow. Take a rafting trip from the Old Sawmill down the river. A cave full of bunnies [27.5S, 64.6W], across the river from the hill next to Limlight Gorge (the one with the big Rohan statue, Cuthstan?).
- Wailing Hills - just North of the Orc camp [22.8S, 68.2W] but near the border to Limlight Gorge.!
- Limlight Gorge - a second bunny on a bear at [29.0S, 70.5W]
- East Rohan in the Eaves of Fangorn / Entwood
- At the head of the Entwash just to the right of the Falls... you have to swim to get there. [39.7S, 77.7W] (After update 12.x this spot is now in Entwood in West Rohan.)
- Wildermore, the High Knolls [31.4S, 64.6W]
- if you go to the further orc camp in the woods north west. then follow the cliff side going south, you eventually find another one
- Wildermore, Balewood [32.1S, 74.6W]
- Snowman Village at the foot of Methedras [77.7S, 7.8W] in Tâl Methedras
- The village is intact prior to the treachery of Lheu Brenin of The Falcon-clan in
- Volume III Book 4 Chapters 29 and 30.
- The Snowman smashed by Núrzum smashed over by Dunfast in Wildermore [39.1S, 66.8W]
Floid and Dewitt
Lore based items
- Eorl's Hallow - - thanks to Erunamo of Morthond, Elf Lore-master for the translations
- The Stone of Wyrgende
- Chamber of Mazarbul
- The Globe of Arda - Now available as a Housing item: Moria Geode
Tour Middle Earth as a Chicken!
- Chicken Play
- Chicken Play Guide -- from the Lorebook.
- Long ago, in a distant age (Summer Solstice Festival, June 20 - July 10, 2007), there was a game called Hobnanigans also known as "Chicken Ball."
Tag and Freeze Tag
Tag and Freeze Tag are Leisure Activities (i.e. not quest related) which can be enjoyed by players of all levels at all times of the year, not just during festivals.
There are two tag arenas located within ruins southeast of the Festival Grounds in Bree.
- In both games, you "run into" (i.e. run over) a player -- to tag them. (You occupy the same space as they do.)
- If a player steps past the entrance arch they are removed from the game and are ”safe” - no one can tag them.
- If the person who is It steps out of the arch, the game ends and a new player must click the marker to start the game again.
- Mounts are not permitted in the tag arenas.
- To start a game, a player clicks on the Tag Beacon -- that player is then "it." All other adventurers inside the ruins are fair game!
- When the Torch is lit, there's a game of tag a-foot!
- "Let the grand game begin"
In traditional Tag, each game consists of one player attempting to tag other players to transfer the title of tagger to another player while staying within the bounds of the ruins.
To play Tag, visit Tad Hollyway at the ruins overlooking the Hedge Maze, southeast of the Festival Grounds in Bree and activate the Tag Beacon. [25.6S, 50.9W]
- Clicking on the beacon displays the tooltip:
- "You've joined a game of Tag! When you're it, run into another player to tag them. Leaving the tag area will end the game. Remember, no tagbacks!"
In Freeze Tag, the player who is "it" tries to freeze every player by touching them while the other players attempt to free the frozen players and escape the tagger.
To play Freeze Tag, short distance away to the east, is another set of ruins where you can engage in "freeze tag." Biddy Dogwort oversees this Tag Beacon [26.2S, 49.7W].
- Clicking on the beacon displays the tooltip:
- "You've joined a game of Freeze Tag! If you're unfrozen, you can rescue a frozen player by standing next to them for a few seconds.
- The Freeze Tag arena is multi-level!
- Once all players are frozen the game will announce that the It player has won.
- First encountered in Dunland near Galtrev in Pren Gwydh, reappears as part of a quest line. Outside Snowbourn
Three Bears House
- The Three Bears House where Goldilocks slept [72.1S, 58.5W]. In the Eastfold, not far from Beacon Watch.
- Golden Treasure inside Is Hid - blog
- Hidden Nuggets we see all the time... - forums