Ingbert is the Reeve of the Entwash Vale in East Rohan. He is the son of Góda and the father of Ingmar, Ingyth, and Horn. The former captain of Théoden's personal guard, Reeve Ingbert stands almost seven feet tall. Even now, Ingbert remains fiercely loyal to his king, though he is troubled by the recent events and feels that something must be done, even if the king will not do it.
Ingbert (East Rohan)
Ingbert, Reeve of the Entwash Vale
Ingbert, Reeve of the Entwash Vale reigns from the Mead Hall of Eaworth, in the Riding of the Entwash Vale.
After Hytbold is rebuilt, Ingbert participates in the Witan there. When foes interrupt the council, Reeve Ingbert takes part in defending the town.
- "I did not ask for your opinion, Horn."
- "When Théoden King sent you away, he did not send you far enough!"
- "Must each of my sons be so quick of temper?"
- "The King is overmastered. My own son has seen it. That wretch Wormtongue is to blame."
- "Our best hope is to put the one who has weakened him to the blade."
Ingbert (Far Anórien)
Later on, Ingbert can be encountered at the War-stead of the Eorlingas, in Taur Drúadan in Far Anórien, where the Riders of Rohan prepare for the Battle of Pelennor Fields.
During the battle, he can be found at Kings' End after the death of Théoden. Reeve Ingbert afterwards fights his way to the Hillock to regroup with Éomer.
- "Whoever now commands the forces of the Enemy is bold, indeed."
- "To pin us between the forces on the field and those out of Osgiliath is wise, but I shall not allow it."
- "For Rohan and Gondor!"
Ingbert (The Wastes)
Reeve Ingbert afterwards joins the Host of the West, and is briefly encountered during the Battle of the Morannon.
- "Is this the end?"
- "I just need... a moment..."
- "Is this my time?"