Gildor Inglorion is a noble and respected lord, one of the eldest Elves in the Middle-earth.
- The noble and respected Gildor Inglorion of the House of Finrod is one of the eldest of the Elves yet remaining in Middle-earth, though his strong, youthful appearance may be deceiving. He now makes his home in the House of Elrond in Rivendell, but he can often be found in the wilds of Middle-earth with a small band of elves under his command. Gildor keeps a watchful eye over the hobbits of the Shire and the other peaceful communities, his keen eyes watching the movements of those that dwell in the darkness and shadows. Gildor is an Elf of much wisdom and immeasurable skill with blade and bow. He has elected to stay in Middle-earth with Elrond and the others, though many of their kin have long since departed across the sea from the Grey Havens.
- Though Gildor has a rich history dating back over the centuries of Middle-earth's past, he is perhaps best known as the leader of the band of Elves which frightened away one of the dreaded Black Riders from Frodo and company in the pages of The Fellowship of the Ring. In so doing, Gildor saved the hobbits, welcoming them into the Elf-camp near Woodhall and allowing the companions some much-needed rest.
- "I am Gildor," answered their leader, the Elf who had first hailed him. "Gildor Inglorion of the House of Finrod. We are Exiles, and most of our kindred have long ago departed and we too are now only tarrying here a while, ere we return over the Great Sea. But some of our kinsfolk dwell still in peace in Rivendell. Come now, Frodo, tell us what you are doing? For we see that there is some shadow of fear upon you." — The Fellowship of the Ring
- Gildor and his company are magnificently arrayed, even when on simple patrol, and seem to shimmer with the beauty of moonlight when they move. Wanderers in the lands of Eriador may travel with some degree of comfort, knowing that Gildor and the powerful Elves from Rivendell in the east are watchful over the movements of the Enemy. — lorebook
Gildor Inglorion (Lin Giliath)
Gildor Inglorion is first met inside the Tham Giliath library in Lin Giliath. There he studies the ancient texts and enjoys the serene music.
- "Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."
Gildor Inglorion (Esteldín)
Once Gildor Inglorion is convinced about the need of an alliance with Halbarad and the Dúnedain of the North, he is often found visiting the Esteldín Library and the newly formed Council.
- "A Council of Elves, Men and dwarves? A sight not seen in a very long time, I ween."
- "With the Uruk-chieftain dead, Lin Giliath shall be at least a measure safer. But for how long?"