|Region:||The Plateau of Gorgoroth|
Though only this part of the Ered Lithui is labelled as such, this mountain range actually forms the entire northern border of Mordor, and extends to Udûn and the Wastes to the west and Agarnaith and the Mokál Rukh to the east.
Two staircases provide access to the fortified lower slopes of the mountains. These slopes are haunted by many shadowy beings, and are watched over by three towers. Shadowed Pages for Lost Lore of Gorgoroth: Dor Amarth can be found at each of these towers.
The following deeds can be advanced by visiting this location:
-  Whispers of Ered Lithui
-  The Watcher of Ered Lithui
-  The Lost Towers
-  A Dreadful Treachery
-  Lost Lore of Gorgoroth: Dor Amarth
-  Keepers of the Ered Lithui
-  Treasures of the Doomfold
The following creatures are found within this area:
- Ered Lithui (Sindarin) - The Ash Mountains separate Mordor from Rhûn, this mountain range forms the northern border of Mordor.
Pronunciation: e'red lee'thui ('th' as in English 'myth', and 'ui' as in 'ruin', pronounced as a single syllable)
- Meeting with the Ephel Dúath in the north-west corner of Mordor it forms one side of the pass of Cirith Gorgor leading into the enclosed plain of Udûn.
- A spur forms one side of the pass of the Isenmouthe (also called Carach Angren) which encircles the valley of Udûn.
- A second spur of the Ered Lithui leads to the Plateau of Gorgoroth where Orodruin (Mount Doom) and Barad-dûr are located.
The peak of the Ered Lithui north of Barad-dûr.
Orodruin and the Doomfold as seen from the Ered Lithui.
|Settlements and Landmarks of Dor Amarth
|Settlements:||Lûghash, the Flaming Spire • Ruins of Díngarth|
|Landmarks:||Barad-dûr • Blozronk • Ered Lithui • Fushaum Tûm • Iant Ruin • Isenmouthe • Mordath • Nauronk • Orodruin Northern Slopes • Orodruin Western Foothills • Orodruin Western Peak • Sárronk|
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Plateau of Gorgoroth
|Areas:||Agarnaith • Dor Amarth • Lhingris • Mokál Rukh • Orodruin • Talath Úrui • Udûn|
|Settlements:||Agarnaith Ranger Camp • Lûghash, the Flaming Spire • Magh Ashtu • Ruins of Díngarth • Udûn Foothold|
|Landmarks:||Barad-dûr • Bhol Rûdh • Dath Nethryn • Cirith Gorgor • Ennyn Ûr • Ephel Dúath • Ered Lithui • Forges of Anglach • Ghâshghurm • Grishbalt • Kala-gijak • Isenmouthe • Maegond Spur • Mithram Spur • Morannon • Mordath • Nargroth • Rath Cail • Seregost • Tower of Cirith Ungol|
|Interiors:||Anglach • Cirith Ungol • Durthang • Kâm Lagúrz, the Brokencleft • Lair of the Gloom-lord • Sammath Naur|
|Instances:||Anglach, the Great Foundry / Stockpiles of Gorgoroth: Bones of Barad-dûr • Road on The Burning Mountain • The Hold of Kála-murg • The Tower of Durthang • Trouble at Bhol Rûdh / World Instances: The Abyss of Mordath • The Court of Seregost • The Dungeons of Naerband|