This settlement is haunted by the Wainriders and upon approach your are beset with:
These effects are eliminated once you complete Blood of Númenor
- Faramir's tale of the Wainriders
- Faramir, son of Ondohler
- 'If you are to survive long in these lnds, <class>, you must first learn the history of the Wainriders as I and my father once did.
- 'The hatred between Gondor and the Wainriders is a tale of fathers and sons. Our lands were stolen and reclaimed throguh the passing of the years, but the Wainriders shaped the line of kings in a way that no other foe could equal.
- 'After losing his own father to their hordes, King Calimehtar, father of my father, rode against the Wainriders in vengeance. With the help of the North-men, he devastated their ranks, broke their wains and chariots, and slew them upon the hill to the east - a hill which came to be known as Dol Acharn. Such a victory brought peace to Gondor for many years, and Calimehtar never again had to contend with the Wainriders before his death.
- 'Peace, such as it is, is always short-lived. Calimehtar's son and my father, King Ondoher, was forced to meet them in battle. Alas, you are aware of the loss Gondor suffered as a result.
- 'Artamir here has told me much of the days that followed the King's death as well as my own. He tells me that the Wainriders made camp to the southwest, but were ambushed and slim to the last by a vast army under command of a man named Eärnil. He claims that Eärnil soon became king of Gondor, even in the fact of the claim made by my sister's husband, King Arvedui of Arthedail. What tales he has told me of these new days...
The Quest Chain that leads to completing the Deeds below starts with Mablung which is in Camp of the Host .
The following deeds can be advanced by visiting this location:
- The quests of Ondoher's Folly and Dol Acharn are intertwined.
-  Grave Tidings
-  Prisoners of the Eye
-  The Fane of Screaming
- Artamir or Faramir, son of Ondoher
-  Watcher of the Wastes
-  Lost in Passing
- Faramir, son of Ondoher
-  Glimmers of Death - Landscape
-  Faramir's Ruse
-  The Wainriders of Dol Acharn - Landscape
-  Relics of Victory - Landscape
-  Vengeance of the Fallen
- These quests unlocks in sets if 3. Turning in one quest from a set unlocks the next set. Completing this quest chain will unlock the final quests needed to unlock the fellowship crafting instances. The final quests are listed under The Slag-hills.
- Note: If you only want to unlock the crafting instances, you simply need the sequence The Escape -> The War-party -> The War-leaders, and can ignore the other Lang Rhuven quests.
-  Lang Rhuven: The Escape - Fellowship
-  Lang Rhuven: The Guards - Fellowship
-  Lang Rhuven: The Siege - Fellowship
-  Lang Rhuven: The Battle-cats - Fellowship
-  Lang Rhuven: The Emissaries - Fellowship
-  Lang Rhuven: The War-party - Fellowship
-  Lang Rhuven: The Attack - Fellowship - Repeatable
-  Lang Rhuven: The Destruction - Fellowship - Repeatable
-  Lang Rhuven: The War-leaders - Fellowship
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Wastes
|Areas:||Dagorlad (Morannon (War of the Last Alliance)) • (Lang Rhuven) • The Noman-lands • The Slag-hills (Battle of the Morannon)|
|Settlements:||Camp of the Host • Haerondir|
|Landmarks:||Tham Durlan • Nuiharn • Guard Tower Ruins • Store House Ruins • Merchant shop Ruins • Farm House Ruins • Inn Ruins • Noble's House Ruins • Stable Ruins
Carchost • Dol Acharn • Dûm Boha • Fushaum Gund • Narchost • Ondoher's Folly • Skoironk