- This page is about Dagorlad during the War of the Ring. For Dagorlad during the War of the Last Alliance, see Morannon (War of the Last Alliance).
Dagorlad is an area within the Wastes.
It is a vast dusty plain in the north-eastern stretch of the Wastes, between the Noman-lands to the west, the northern extent of the Dead Marshes to the north, the Slag-hills to the south, and Lang Rhuven to the east, at the passage to Rhûn. It is largely a treeless wasteland, bereft of life and beauty, in close proximity to the Black Gate of the Morannon.
High Elf characters participate in the Battle of Dagorlad in the War of the Last Alliance. This occurs in a separate area: Morannon (War of the Last Alliance), representing the Morannon and Dagorlad in 3434 of the Second Age.
|Faramir, son of Ondoher||Quest|
- Mordor Bone-hoarder
- Mordor Defiler
- Mordor Sentry
- Mordor Torturer
- Mordor Watcher
- Wainrider Bowman
- Wainrider Charioteer
- Wainrider Horseman
- Wainrider Soldier
-  Grave Tidings
-  Prisoners of the Eye
-  The Fane of Screaming
- Faramir, son of Ondoher
-  Watcher of the Wastes - Artamir
-  Lost in Passing
- Faramir, son of Ondoher
-  Faramir's Ruse
-  The Wainriders of Dol Acharn - Any Wainrider
-  Relics of Victory - Landscape
-  Vengeance of the Fallen
-  A Cloud of Despair
-  Tales of Hope and Glory - Elladan
-  Memories of the Last Alliance - Elladan
- These quests unlocks in sets if 3. Turning in one quest from a set unlocks the next set. Completing this quest chain will unlock the final quests needed to unlock the fellowship crafting instances. The final quests are listed under The Slag-hills.
- Note: If you only want to unlock the crafting instances, you simply need the sequence The Escape -> The War-party -> The War-leaders, and can ignore the other Lang Rhuven quests.
- Dagorlad in Sindarin means "Battle Plain" and refers to the major battle between the army of the Last Alliance of Elves and Men and the hordes of Mordor at the end of the Second Age. The plain occupied more of the Wastes at this time, however the Dead Marshes expanded and flooded the graves of many Men, Elves, and Orcs. The land lying before the Morannon was piled with the refuse of Mordor, forming the Slag-hills.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, "The Passage of the Marshes"
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Wastes
|Areas:||Dagorlad (Morannon (War of the Last Alliance)) • (Lang Rhuven) • The Noman-lands • The Slag-hills (Battle of the Morannon)|
|Settlements:||Camp of the Host • Haerondir|
|Landmarks:||Tham Durlan • Nuiharn • Guard Tower Ruins • Store House Ruins • Merchant shop Ruins • Farm House Ruins • Inn Ruins • Noble's House Ruins • Stable Ruins
Carchost • Dol Acharn • Dûm Boha • Fushaum Gund • Narchost • Ondoher's Folly • Skoironk