Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Havens of Umbar are the home of the savage Corsairs of Umbar. Founded by the Men of Númenor during the Second Age, Umbar soon became enemies with the realm of Gondor to the north. Gondor conquered Umbar multiple times, but lost it again during its decline.
- By the time of the War of the Ring, the Corsairs had mixed with the Haradrim, becoming a mixed people where Númenórean blood was mostly gone.
- Forty years before the War of the Ring, the Gondorian captain Thorongil set sails from Pelargir and in a surprise attack managed to burn down the Corsair fleet.
- During the War of the Ring, the Corsairs were led by four brothers who falsely call themselves the Heirs of Castamir. These were Azruthor, Dolgimil, Azgarzôr, and the eldest, Balakhôr the Scourge. Having sworn bloody revenge, the Corsair leader Balakhôr has unleashed the sea-faring power of Umbar, successfully blocking the port of Dol Amroth in Western Gondor and conquering Pelargir and the main fleet of Gondor at the Anduin Delta.
- South of Dol Amroth, across the Bay of Belfalas, the city of Umbar stands. Its large harbour provides the mooring for many great ships, and a mighty fortress was build there. It was an important port for the Númenoreans, but when strife split the loyalties of that people, Umbar became a contested land. It remained so throughout the history, at times taken by Gondor and at other occupied by Black Númenoreans and their Haradrim allies. One of the most devastating losses of Umbar occured following the Kin-strife, one of Gondor's darkest periods. The sons of Castamir the Usurper, chief architect of the Kin-strife, escaped from Gondor and named themselves 'Corsairs of Umbar'. 'Castamir's sons were all slain, but their legacy remains. The Corsairs have caused much hardship along the coastline over the years.
- Harad (not yet in-game)
|Regions within the Land of Unannounced Lands|
|Andrast • Anfalas • The Barding-lands • Câr Bronach • Dorwinion • Drúwaith Iaur • East Bight • Emyn Beraid • Emyn Muil • Eryn Vorn • Far Downs • The Fields of Celduin • Forodwaith • Grey Havens • Harad (Far Harad, Near Harad) • Himling • Khand • Lindon (Forlindon, Harlindon) • Lithlad • Middle Mirkwood • Minhiriath (Sarn Ford, Tharbad) • The Narrows • Northern Ered Luin • Nurn • Pinnath Gelin • Rhûn • Southern Gondor • Southfarthing of the Shire • Tolfalas • Umbar|