Deep in the Grey Mountains, the hobgoblins launch a plot to free their mistress....
Your mission is to investigate Akûl-lagam with Hórin.
- Twist: Hrímil's Chosen
Deep in the Grey Mountains, the hobgoblins launch a plot to free their mistress….
- Use the summoning horn to call Hórin to your side
Use the summoning horn at the cave entrance to summon Hórin to your side.
You should talk to Hórin.
If you somehow become separated from Hórin, use the summoning horn at the cave entrance to summon him to your side.
- Hórin: 'This is the place. I must be honest, <name>. After our failed assault on the Anvil, I am eager to be avenged upon the Frost-horde and their lackeys for the attack on Skarháld. And most of all, we must do everything we can to prevent Hrímil from being released. If she attacked our army during the battle, it would be catastrophic!'
He pauses as he is lost in his own thoughts. You can tell his experience in the Anvil still weighs heavily on him. He notices you staring at him and becomes flustered.
- 'D- Do not think me a coward, <name>! I am more than willing to face that dragon again! And one day, we will have to, to end her reign over these mountains for good. I just don't want that day to be today! Come on, let's get to work.'
- Defeat hobgoblins (10)
- Find the hobgoblin leader
- Frost-bound Hobgoblin shouts, 'Keep digging! No rest until our Mistress is freed!'
A door of ice blocks your path deeper into the cave.
- Hórin: 'This door is no natural thing, <name>. I have seen this before! Those hobgoblins are summoning an unearthly cold with their dark magic to block our path. We will have to defeat them to progress further!'
- Defeat hobgoblin frost-callers (2)
Hórin believes hobgoblin frost-callers are causing the ice to block your path.
You should find and defeat the hobgoblin frost-callers.
- Hobgoblin Frost-caller shouts, My life for the Frost-horde!
- Hobgoblin Frost-caller shouts, Why does the Warlord not just kill him? He plots against us.
- Thrugdar the Slaughterer shouts, 'Warlord Dushtalbúk allows his puppet to live to keep the Orcs in line.'
- Thrugdar the Slaughterer shouts, 'You see the way they look at us. The way they spurn the gifts of the Frostheart.'
- Thrugdar the Slaughterer shouts, 'The Warlord is cunning. We are few, and they are many.'
- Thrugdar the Slaughterer shouts, 'The Orcs would rise up against us if the Son of Bolg did not command them.'
- Thrugdar the Slaughterer shouts, 'When the Mistress is freed and the dwarves slaughtered, Gorgar will no longer be of use to us.'
- Defeat Thrugdar the Slaughterer
With the ice door dispelled, you should now be able to progress deeper into Akûl-lagam.
You should find and defeat the hobgoblin leader, Thrugdar the Slaughterer.
- Thrugdar the Slaughterer shouts, 'Intruders! You will not stop us!'
- Hórin shouts, 'We will never allow you to free the dragon! For Skarháld!'
- Hórin: 'This uncanny cold.... We were just in time, <name>. I swear I can almost hear that cursed dragon on the other side of this wall.
- 'If we're done, let's go. I have no desire to stand here freezing!'
A dwarf scout has arrived to escort you back to the war-front.
- Dwarf Scout shouts, 'Great work, <name>! Now, let's get out of here!'
- Dwarf Scout: 'Well done, <name>! Let us return to Annâk-khurfu!'