Page 1 at [40.2N, 37.7W] (in The Withered Heath)
- 'The harps sing loud, the fires burn low
- Our thoughts now stray to long ago
- When in the north and far away
- The anvils rang ‘neath Mountains Grey'
Page 2 at [35.7N, 52.7W] (atop Stánbalk, the Stone Wall)
- 'In olden days, when all was sundered
- Our sires left strongholds wrecked and plundered
- And hewed new homes far under stone
- To carve a kingdom of their own'
Page 3 at [36.8N, 43.7W] (on the road to Stormwall)
- 'With iron fists and hammers strong
- They ruled a realm of storied song
- The glitt'ring mines and glimm'ring hall
- Of peerless, proud Thafar-gathol'
Page 4 at [38.5N, 47.7W] (on the road to Glimmerdeep)
- 'O reaches rich with gem and ore!
- Resplendent runes writ on the door!
- O kingly crown of ruby wrought!
- The forge-fires flaming ever-hot!'
Page 5 at [36.3N, 46.5W] (Skarháld up the stairs towards the interior, north from the plaza and page 6)
- 'Beryl, bloodstone, sapphire, sard,
- Darkest onyx, diamond hard
- Gold and garnet filled their hoards
- And shone upon their shimm'ring swords'
Page 6 at [35.8N, 46.4W] (Skarháld central plaza under the landmark)
- 'Yet tales they tell of greater treasure
- Matchless wealth past mind and measure
- Mighty mithril, blazing bright
- That drenched the darkened depths with light'
Page 7 at [38.1N, 53.9W] (outside Thikil-gundu, the Steel Keep)
- 'The harps grow still, the embers dim
- Our ballads glad grow black and grim
- For in the north and far away
- Our days drew short ‘neath Mountains Grey'
Page 8 at [30.6N, 48.9W] (on Óinsbridge)
- 'Now heed and hearken as I speak
- Of times that turned from blithe to bleak
- Fast and fearful came the fall
- Of fair, forlorn Thafar-gathol'