Cosmetic Items allow one to customize the look of your character. Once a character reaches level 20, any character on that account may then wear cosmetic items.
- They can be stored in your Wardrobe and thereby shared with all characters on your account on the same server. Once in the Wardrobe, it is not necessary for each character to obtain or maintain a copy of the original item in that character's inventory.
- Monster players also have access to Appearance Traits.
- In your Character window, there is an additional page with several tabs where you may equip cosmetic armour and accessories. No bonuses are given for items in these slots, as they are intended for appearances only. Only the "armour" slots may be used for cosmetic purposes. Weapons, jewellery or pocket items cannot be cosmetically equipped.
- Mannequins are found throughout Middle-earth displaying cosmetic clothing outfits available for purchase.
- Double clicking on the Mannequin opens up a Dressing Room window and a Pop-up allowing you to purchase the outfit for 50 .
- The Dressing Room window allows you to preview any dye color for any cosmetic component.
- Head / Back / Shoulder / Chest / Glove / Leg / Boot
- To call up the Dressing Room window, mouse over any item you can equip (including weapons and LIs) and ctrl+left click.
- You can access the Dressing Room from any item in your Pack, Wardrobe or Vault storage.
- To equip an item in the Dressing Room, simply click on that item.
- You can view ALL available dye colors in the Dressing Room, even if you do not have a container of that color available.
- Barding is Armour for Horses.
- In LOTRO, distinctive Barding is available for your War-steed to allow you to customize its appearance.
- Individuals who pre-purchased any edition of the Rohan Expansion received:
- Individuals who purchased certain Class Mounts from the LOTRO Store will receive matching War-steed appearance items.
- Numerous Quests throughout Rohan reward individual cosmetic components.
- Once you reach level 75 and enter Rohan, your War-steed has access to general cosmetic appearances, such as hide color, and also various pieces of tack and barding, including Saddles, Bridles, Caparisons, Leggings, etc.
- See: Lotro_Store#War-steeds for items available for purchase from the LOTRO Store.
- Components are available for:
- Neck and Head -- Halter
- Body -- Caparison
- Accessory (Flags, etc.)
- War-steed Colours for components
- Components are available for:
- Additional War-steed Cosmetic Outfit Slots are also available
- In East and West Rohan one also finds Outfitted War-horse displays. These War-steed appearance sets are available on a PER CHARACTER basis, typically for 995 .
- The bundle includes a halter, caparison, leggings, saddle and accessory. Clicking on the War-horse will open the LOTRO Store to that page, clicking on "more" will open the description of the set, and expose a "Try it on!" button, which will open your Mounted Combat Appearance panel.
War-steed Appearance panel
- This is a tab on the Mounted Combat panel
- The War-steed Appearance panel lets you customize your steed's cosmetic equipment as well as the colours applied to that equipment.
- You can store several different pre-set appearances for your war-steed.
War-steed Appearance Colour Picker
- The colour pickers on the War-steed Appearance panel allow you to change the colour of your steed's cosmetic equipment.
- Head, body and legs slots share the same available colours while the hide and tail slots have their own unique colour sets.
- Additional colours are sold in the LOTRO Store.
- Start with: Outfitting for the exhaustive details on Cosmetics in LOTRO
- See: Outfitter -- sells a variety of cosmetic outfits and accessories
- See: Outfits -- a Gallery of many different outfits
- See: Cosmetics -- a Gallery of item images organized by "slot"
- See: Cosmetic Items -- a listing of many possible items
- See: Equipment -- normal equipment may also be worn cosmetically