Warning beacons of Gondor
| "I like this land. It reminds me of the twilit wilds, far away in the North, where my heart remains." - Calenglad
This article or section is marked for missing location information.
Please visit Create new location and help expand knowledge about this wondrous place.
- Two lines of beacons eminate from Minas Tirith. The northern beacons run along the Great West Road on the northern slopes of the White Mountains. T
- Lighting the Northern Beacons in the LOTR Movie (You Tube) -- which, while impressive cinematography, represents yet another place where Director Peter Jackson took significant artistic liberties with Tolkien's narrative. These northern beacons are never lit in Tolkien's Trilogy. Nor does a beacon exist in Minas Tirith (Mount Mindolluin).
- In the Trilogy, the call for aid, from Gondor to Rohan is described as the delivery of the Red-Arrow to Théoden in Dunharrow where the Rohirrim were already mustered. The Trilogy does mention the southern beacons being lit to Belfalas.
- The delivery of this War-arrow signaled to Aragorn it was time to leave on his errand while Théoden King led the Rohirrim to the aid of Minas Tirith.
- The southern beacons run from Minas Tirith to the Havens of Belfalas, Lamedon, and Dol Amroth in Western Gondor.
The Southern line of Beacons
- As the LOTRO story line progresses into Western Gondor, we are following Aragorn's passage through the Paths of the Dead.
- At this time in the trillogy, all of the southern beacons (those in Western Gondor) are lit and the Red-Arrow has been delivered to Théoden in Dunharrow the night of March 7-8 TA 3019.
- The last of the southern beacons, (i.e. most northern one), in this area is in Lamedon -- The Fallen Beacon -- next in line is Maegond , then into the Havens of Belfalas where we find Nendath and Amon Lontir outside Dol Amroth.
- In LOTRO, as you progress northward from Dol Amroth to Minas Tirith, the southern line of beacons from Minas Tirith to Dol Amroth crosses through Central Gondor and the areas of the Ringló Vale, Dor-en-Ernil and Lebennin. There are three beacons here:
- The remaining two beacons (those closest to Minas Tirith) are found in the regions of Upper Lebennin and Lossarnach, completing the southern line of beacons:
The Northern line of Beacons
- In LOTRO, the northern line of beacons is revealed in update 18.
in Far Anórien
- Beginning in Taur Drúadan
|The Beacons of Gondor|
|Southern Line (from Minas Tirith to Dol Amroth):||Minlos | Sirthanc | Amon Anglebed | Dol Brannor | Eilendoth | The Fallen Beacon | Maegond | Nendath | Amon Lontir|
|Northern Line (from Minas Tirith to Beaconwatch):||Amon Dîn | Eilenach | Nardol | Erelas | Min-Rimmon | Calenhad | Halifirien|