The Walls of Moria
|The Walls of Moria|
|Landmark(s):||The Black Pool |
|Nan Sirannon |
The Great Delving - Moria
The Walls of Moria is an area in Eregion. This is the approaches to the entrance for the dwarven halls of Moria. The area is now overgrown and rank, and fell beast have moved into the water and land. The dwarves have returned to re-open the door and discover the fate of of the previous king
The Walls of Moria is the "introduction" area for access into Moria proper. The quests here can only be completed prior to the Dwarves opening Moria.
Completion of quests in this location grants the ability to use Legendary items.
The Walls of Moria Locations
Locations found within the area of The Walls of Moria are listed below.
- See Category: Eregion Landmarks for more landmarks nearby.
- See Category: Eregion Interiors for more interiors nearby.
The only materials available xx leather
- Crazed Shadow-warg
- Prowling Shadow-warg - instance
- Ravaging Shadow-warg
- Spying Craban
- Zuzar - instance
- At the height of Eregion's power, a road ran out of that land towards the western Misty Mountains. At the Stair Falls, it led over a small cliff, and then down a shallow valley running eastward, and led towards a wall of immense, unclimbable cliffs: the Walls of Moria.
- At the road's end was the West-gate of Moria, which at that time would have been kept open most of the time, guarded by Dwarven doorwards. In the middle of the Second Age, the War of the Elves and Sauron saw Eregion laid waste, and the West-gate was shut. By the craft of its makers, the doorway blended into the Walls of Moria, and could only be opened again by one who knew the password.
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Eregion|
|Areas:||Emyn Naer • Glâd Ereg • High Hollin • Low Hollin • Mirobel • Nan Sirannon • Pend Eregion • Redhorn Gate • Tâl Caradhras • The Walls of Moria|
|Settlements:||Echad Dúnann • Echad Eregion • Echad Mirobel • Gwingris|
|Landmarks:||Bannog Cadlus • Barad Morlas • The Black Pool • Burnt Tor • Carchres • Cirith Narugorch • Daergil • Goeolhad • Lhúgres • Munudh Cadlus • Pembar • Porth Cadlus • Redhorn Snowfall • Sâd Rechu • Sâd Thareg • Sâd Umroval • Sirannon Gate • Skirmish Camp • Stair Falls • Talath Dindal • Târ Stazg • Tham Mírdain • Torech Andraug • Torech Bornagol • Torech Braignel • Torech Carangor • Torech Ladnel • Ulundín|
|Interiors:||The Brackwater • Delotham • Filgogân • Minas Elendúr • Tawarond|
|Instances:||The Library at Tham Mírdain • The School at Tham Mírdain|