'<name>, I'm sure we've kept Elrohir waiting for long enough.'
- Twist: Sacrificial
The waters of the Bruinen prevented the Black Riders from entering Rivendell, but nothing has been heard of them since. Their fate remains yet to be seen.
In hopes of finding signs of the Black Riders, you set out to search the Bruinen.
You should talk to Elladan to start searching the Ford of Bruinen together.
- Elladan : 'Other scouts already told me about the insects swarming the Bruinen, but I've never seen such an infestionation before!'
- 'Elrohir and I agreed to see how many we could each defeat before meeting downstream. Since he's already gotten a head start, perhaps we could work together. Sutrely that doesn't count as cheating!'
You should follow Elladan towards the Ford of Bruinen.
- Elladan says, "I wonder if Elrohir's found anything by now"
- Elladan says, "That's four!"
- Elladan says, "Nine!"
- Elladan says, "At this rate, I'm sure we'll catch up to Elrohir!"
- Elladan says, "Are those... horses?"
- Elladan says, "Well then, lets add a few more of these pests to our count!"
- Elladan says, "Now, what have we here... "
At the ford, you discovered the corpses of three horses that belonged to the Black Riders.
You should discuss these findings with Elladan.
- Elladan: 'It seems the swarm found the Black Riders' mounts. I count only three steeds, however -- the river may have carried the rest further.
- ' Go, find Elrohir in the fens and see if he requires aid. I shall stay behind to make the Riders did not escape into the woods.'
- ' Oh, and let him know how many insects we defeated. I'm sure he was no match for us!'
You have made your way towards the Blooming Fens.
Elrohir must be here somewhere.
You have found Elrohir, though he seems to be in a bit of trouble.
You should help defend him.
- Elrohir says,"<name>! Come, let us clear this place of vermin!"
- Elrohir says,"Ugh. Is there no end?"
- Elrohir says,"That's the last of them. How has your search fared?"
- Elrohir: 'Elladan convinced you to help him with our little competition, didn't he? I kept track at first, but...' Elrohir gestures to the nearby horse corpses with a sigh.
- ' What I found -- or rather, what I didnt find -- troubled me.'
- ' Three horses upstream, five here... that makes eight of the nine mounts accounted for. I scoured every part of the woods for the Riders, but to no avail. If any of them linger in the Trollshaws, they have made themselves scarce.'
- ' Hold on, what's that in the water? Is that a cloak?'
The black cloak is tattered and marred by long slashes.
- Listen to the Twins Conversation
Elladan has caught up with you and Elrohir.
You should let the twins discuss their findings, or lack thereof.
- Elladan says, "Elrohir, <name>"
- Elladan says, "I could find nothing of note. I hope your search fared better."
- Elrohir says, "We found this black cloak, but nothing more."
- Elladan says, "Then I suppose that must be the only trace left of the Riders themselves."
- Elladan says, "My hope is that they have fled back to their master, though that is mere speculation."
- Elrohir says, "The answers escape us. For now."
- Elrohir: 'There's nothing else that can be done here. We should continue moving.'