Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Essence System
Update 14 (July 2014) introduced the "Essence System"
- New gear found throughout the world can be upgraded and enhanced by placing Essences into available slots.
- From the Release Notes
- A quick overview
- You will find armor with open slots that can accept essences.
- Both the armor and essences drop in a wide variety of areas and content; some can even be crafted.
- By slotting essences into armor or jewelry you can customize the stats of the items to your liking.
- The essences are unbound until used so they can be freely traded amongst players.
- A Player's Guide is under development: Socketed Armour and Essences'
- Certain pieces of gear have 1 to 5* "Empty Slots" on them when acquired, and some very basic stats; examples:
- *With the release of Update 16, Empty 5 slot armour pieces are bartered for with Morgul Crests earned from the Osgiliath Instance Cluster.
- Socketed Armor starts at level 50
- Dropped armor usually has the name Nadhin (for all levels), which can be confusing since a level 60 piece of armor will have the exact same name as a level 100.
- When you acquire your first piece of socketed armour, you will receive a pop-up stating:
- "You have acquired a piece of socketed armour. If you find an Essence that has a usage level that is less than or equal to your socketed armour, you can apply the Essence to the armour and gain its stats. Choose wisely, because Essences may only be removed by using an Essence Reclamation Scroll."
- When you click on an Essence, you will be presented with a pop-up similar to that for Legendary Items, listing those Items of Armour which are eligible to receive the Essence you clicked on. Select the piece of armour, and click apply.
- Now, when you mouse-over that piece of armour, you will see the stats associated with that Essence displayed on the Armour's tool-tip.
- Category: Essence System -- Top level category for new essence system (Subcategory of Category: Gameplay)
- Category: Essence Icons -- Grouping the icons (sub category of Category: Icons)
- Category: Essence -- Grouping the known Essences (Subcategory of Category: Items)
- Category: Items with Essence Slots -- Grouping the known items that have Essence slots (Subcategory of Category: Items)