Arvedui (Sindarin for Last-king), was known as the Gaunt King and Laiha-herra (Lossoth for the Skinny One) in life.
Arvedui, or rather the shade of him, is first found at Hylje-leiri, in Forochel.
There he is guarding (or haunting?) the wrecked ship that brought him and his followers from Fornost when they escaped the wrath of the Witch-king. But instead that wrath brought forth a terrible storm and most of them perished.
Epic Volume I, Book 13
-  Volume I, Book 13, Chapter 5: The Myth of the Monster
-  Volume I, Book 13, Chapter 6: The Dwarf-mines - Small Fellowship
-  Volume I, Book 13, Chapter 7: The Lost Mariner
-  Volume I, Book 13, Chapter 9: The Path of Aearil
-  Volume I, Book 13, Chapter 10: A Triumphant Return
Agoroth, the Narrowdelve quests
- "I now know some small peace...my redemption will come with time."
- "I bear a great grief upon me."
Arvedui (Minas Tirith)
Arvedui later appears at the Hall of the King, in Minas Tirith.