The Old Forest (Deed)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Old Forest lies on the border between the Shire and Bree-land. For years beyond memory it has been a forbidding place, which Men and Hobbits alike have shunned. Hobbit-tales tell that the trees are aware and can move of their own accord.
To complete this deed perform the following objective(s)
- Find Bald Hill
- Bald Hill is a treeless slope which rises above the treetops of the Old Forest: nevertheless, little of the surrounding landscape can be seen from here.
- Find The Weaver's Den
- Tucked away in a dark corner of the Old Forest, this is the lair of an evil brood of monstrous spiders.
- Find Tom Bombadil's House
- This is the lodging of the strange and powerful Tom Bombadil and his wife, the River-daughter Goldberry.
- Find Goldberry's Spring
- This pond is favoured for its beauty by the River-daughter Goldberry, wife of the enigmatic Tom Bombadil.
- Find Bonfire Glade
- The Bonfire Glade marks the place where the Brandybucks cut down and burned hundreds of trees after the Old Forest attacked the High Hay, the great hedge dividing Buckland from the Forest.
|5 LOTRO Points|
|Increased Reputation with Men of Bree ( 500 )|
- This deed contributes to the Explorer of Bree-land meta-deed.
Explore the Old Forest deed map