Obtaining LOTRO Points
Lotro Points (LP) can be obtained in several different ways:
- Purchase Lotro Points using real money. (Note: Any real money purchase automatically reclassifies you as a Premium subscriber.)
- This can be done in-game at the LOTRO Store.
- Lotro points may be acquired by redeeming Point Cards available from many different merchants.
- Various Game Cards and retail "bundles" may also provide Lotro points.
- In small amounts from completing numerous Deeds or obtaining Reputation with various Factions in the game.
- You get 500 Lotro Points every month as a Lifetime member or VIP. These are awarded on the anniversary of your Join Date.
Lotro Points are the currency of the LOTRO Store. Purchased Lotro Points are associated with a particular game account, and are available to any character from that account, across all servers.
Note that some items purchased from the LOTRO Store become bound to the purchasing character, while other items designated "Bound to Account" may only be shared by characters on the same server.
Lotro Store transactions are processed by third-party company Xsolla. As a consequence, there can be a short delay between earning LOTRO Points in-game, such as for Deed completion, and having the points available in the store. Xsolla assumed operation of the Lotro Store in September of 2015, replacing VISA Inc subsidiary PlaySpan.
Purchasing Lotro Points (USD)
Standard rates (Verified November 18, 2023):
Typical "Double bonus" points offered in the LOTRO Store (Verified November 21, 2018):
Typical "Triple bonus" points offered in the LOTRO Store (December 20-29, 2013):
Occasionally, usually around US holidays, there are special offers in the LOTRO Store to purchase Lotro Points at a cheaper rate.
Purchasing Lotro Points (EUR)
For buying points in euros (Verified 16 May 2022):
"Double bonus" and "Triple bonus" sales are also available in EUR at the same time when they are offered in USD.
LOTRO Point - Mithril Coin purchase rate
Many different goods and services are available in-game for Mithril Coins - especially the "travel to objective" button for quests.
- One purchases Mithril Coins using LOTRO Points in the LOTRO Store in-game.
- Mithril Coins are tallied in your Wallet on SSG Servers, as opposed to in the LOTRO Store at XSOLLA (formerly PlaySpan).
- Unlike LOTRO Points, Mithril Coins are Account wide BY SERVER.
- Verified 31 October 2013
Item Points Points per coin Mithril Coin x5 50 10 Mithril Coin x25 250 10 Mithril Coin x100 850 8.5 Mithril Coin x250 2000 8.0
The "value" of a Mithril Coin varies depending upon how the underlying LOTRO Points were acquired.
Based on the tables above Mithril Coins themselves "cost" between 10 and 8 LOTRO Points each.
- With PURCHASED LOTRO Points costing between $0.01 and $0.013 (USD) that places the "value" of a Mithril Coin at between $0.08 and $0.13 (USD).
- Most players simply assume one Mithril Coin to be worth $0.10 (USD).