'I am grateful for the healing arts of Galadriel and her people, and for the lady's willingness for me to see her city. But there is something strange about this place, and I must tell you the truth: it is no place for me. I want my feet upon the ground and my foes in front of me. This land of Elves is a long way from Enedwaith, a long way from my people.
'I am ready to depart, <name>. Perhaps things will feel more familiar to me as we journey south along the river.'
You will automatically travel to Haldirith in the Great River when you accept this quest.
The first stage of your journey south with Corudan and Nona involves a brief stop in Thinglad to collect Corudan's bow.
Corudan is in Thinglad, in the Great River.
You have come to Thinglad with Nona and Corudan, and should speak to Corudan, who wanted to recover the bow he lent to Fimloth.
- Nona: Nona looks around Haldirith with interest, but says nothing.
- Corudan: 'I am not pleased about this, <name>. I lent Fimloth my favourite bow to use while I remained in Lothlórien, and now she has lost it!;
- Corudan lowers his voice and turns to his apologetic friend.
- 'No, Fimloth, I am not upset. If those Orcs were as numerous as you report, you were right to flee. A bow is a bow, and the lives of my friends come first! I will search the woods of Thinglad for the Orcs that picked it up as you escaped.
- 'Are you of a mind to join the hunt, <name>? Your Dunlending friend has already agreed to fight the Orcs with me as well. perhaps we can make a game of it! The first of us to find my lost bow will be the victor, but I shall be the happiest of all to have the bow back in my hands!'
- Defeat Orcs in Thinglad while Nona and Coudan hunt for the bow as well (0/6)
Orcs can be found throughout Thinglad, alongside the Great River. Defeat them while Corudan and Nona do the same, and perhaps you will find Corudan's lost bow.
- Corudan: 'Search Thinglad for Orcs! The Dunlending girl and I will do the same. Whoever first finds my bow will be the victor in our little game.'
Corudan is at Haldirith, in Thinglad.
You have searched for the Orc that took Corudan's bow, but did not find it.
- Nona: Nona looks at you with disappointment on her face, and you can tell that she has not found Corudan's bow either.'
- Corudan: 'You did not find the bow? Nona and I did not either. The Orcs that seized it must have already left this area. Pity. This spare bow does not fire as accurately as my other did. I am still a deadly shot, <name>. Do not worry on that score!
- 'Did you know how dangerous Nona is in combat? I did not think the Dunlendings were more than barbaric hill-dwelling Men, but she is a deadly warrior indeed! I underestimated her, and will not do so again. If we are surprised by Orcs as we journey further along the Anduin, I will be glad to have her along.'
- Talk to Nona in Haldirith
Nona is in Haldirith, in Thinglad.
You should speak to Nona about her experience hunting with Corudan.
- Corudan: 'Nona is quite a warrior. I did not expect it!'
- Nona: 'You did not find Corudan's bow? We did not either. He seemed surprised, but I was not. Whatever Orc took the bow must have known an Elf would come looking for it, and fled the area.
- 'The Orc is lucky it did! For its hunters numbered three: two Elves, and fierce warrior of the Uch-lûth! Flight alone could have saved it. I am sorry Corudan does not have his favourite bow, but I still enjoyed the hunt.
- 'Do you think you can humour me on one count, <name>? I understand we must hurry, but this should not take long.'