'You will need a guide to bring you to the Falls of Rauros, but few of my people ever travel that far. No, do not shake your head in frustration! There is a guide who will suffice. His name is Corudan, and he is not called "River-walker" for naught: he is more familiar with the lands through which the Anduin flows than any Elf in Lórien.
'Find him on Telain Neduil, on the eastern side of Caras Galadhon, and tell him you need him as a guide along the Anduin.'
Galadriel wants you to journey south along the river Anduin to see what fate has befallen the Fellowship, but for that you will need a guide.
Corudan is on Telain Neduil in the eastern side of Caras Galadhon.
Galadriel has sent you to recruit Corudan as a guide along the Anduin as you investigate what has happened to the Fellowship.
- Galadriel: 'You should find Corudan on Telain Neduil and tell him that you have need of his skills as a guide as you journey along the Anduin. Telain Neduil is on the eastern side of Caras Galadhon.'
- Corudan: 'The Lady has spoken to me about this, <name>, and I would refuse her nothing.
- 'We will need supplies. Boats and lembas and paddles…. speak to Bordhrist and Faengalph about acquiring such things as we will need. Bordhrist will be on Telain Galadhrim, and Faengalph will be near the surrounding hedge beneath Telain Glorelloth, not far from the entrance to Caras Galadhon.'
- Talk to Bordhrist and receive supplies of food for the journey
- Talk to Faengalph and arrange for a boat and paddles for the journey
Bordhrist is on Telain Galadhrim, and Faengalph is near the surrounding hedge not far from the entrance to Caras Galadhon, beneath Telain Glorelloth.
- Corudan: 'We will need supplies if we are to make a journey down the Anduin as far as the Falls of Rauros. Find Bordhrist and Faengalph, and they will equip us for the journey. Bordhrist is on Telain Galadhrim, and Faengalph is near the surrounding hedge, not far from the entrance to Caras Galadhon, beneath Telain Glorelloth.'
- Faengalph: 'You need a boat for navigating the Anduin? Yes, I will provide one, and paddles beside. How many will be going with you?'
- You tell Faengalph the composition of your party, and she nods.
- 'The Lady Galadriel is wise to send Corudan with you. He is called the River-walker, you know, and it is a name truly given: he knows the lands on either side of Anduin betterthan any Elf I know.
- 'The boat and the paddles will be ready when the time comes for your departure, <name>.'
- Collected Lórien Paddles
- Bordhrist: 'You are preparing for a journey down the Anduin? You have come to the correct Elf, <name>. I will supply you with enough lembas and other goods to make such a journey comfortably.
- 'Travelling by boat will require you to disembark occasionally. There is a portage way you will need to take around the rapids of Sarn Gebir… do not be so foolish as to traverse those in the boats! And of course you will need to beach them before you reach the Falls of Rauros. It is a long climb down the cliff-face, but I have heard there was a way that was used of old.
- 'I will give you enough lembas and other foodstuffs for two weeks. Corudan can cover that distance in five or six days. That should suffice. Namárië.'
- Collected the Lembas Supplies
- Return to Corudan on Telain Neduil
Corudan is waiting on Telain Neduil for you to return from arranging for a boat and supplies for the journey down the Anduin.
- Bordhrist: 'I will give you enough lembas and other foodstuffs for two weeks. Corudan can cover that distance in five or six days. That should suffice. Namárië.'
- Faengalph: 'The boat and the paddles will be ready when the time comes for your departure, <name>.'
- Corudan: 'You have done as I asked? Good! The most important step of a journey occurs before you even leave home: the preparations for your departure.
- 'Make sure your weapons are cleaned and ready. The last time I travelled south, which was some weeks ago, Orcs were gathering on the far shore of Anduin. We may need to face them.
- 'Unfortunately, I lent my bow to Fimloth at Haldirith on my return from that journey. Perhaps we can stop by her encampment when we depart and I can recover my bow from her? I will use a spare until then, but there is nothing quite like your own familiar weapons, is there?
- 'But now you should return to the House of Celeborn and speak with your Dunlending friend. Tell her we are almost ready to leave.'
Nona is on the flets near the House of Celeborn.
Corudan has sent you to tell Nona you are ready to leave.
- Corudan: 'Return to your Dunlending friend near the House of Celeborn and tell her we are nearly ready to depart.'
- Nona: 'I followed you here on the behest of a dream, <name>. I will follow you wherever our road leads.
- 'If our adventure ended today I would already have quite a tale to tell Suvulch on my return. I cannot imagine what awaits us, but it will only add to the record of our deeds!'
- 'Wadu's sword is thirsty for more adventure as well. If we come across more Easterlings or their fell ally, as we did in the swamps, I will be more ready than I was last time!'