This hill stands at the edge of the Battle Plain, near the Dead Marshes. On the hill-top is the Orcish shrine of Faltor-shík (Black Speech for Fane of Screaming), a horrific place of torture and sacrifices to Sauron.
The following deeds can be advanced by visiting this location:
- Foe-slayer of Ondoher's Folly
- Foe-slayer of Ondoher's Folly (Advanced)
- Forgotten Caches
- Gathering of Evil
- Quests of Dagorlad
- Relics of the Last Alliance
-  Prisoners of the Eye
-  The Fane of Screaming
-  Instance: Vengeance of the Fallen
-  Book 8, Chapter 3: A Waiting Silence
The following creatures are found within this area:
- Faramir, son of Ondoher, met a grim end here in the Wastes, but perhaps more tragic, he was never meant to journey to these lands at all. King Ondoher and Faramir's brother, Artamir, rode to repel the forces of the Wainriders in the Wastes, but they were caught unprepared and vastly outnumbered. They were soon aided by a company of North-men, but even still their forces were slain on the fields and driven into the Dead Marshes. Amid all this, Faramir was bidden to remain in Minas Anor when Minas Tirith was still called as such, but he defied his father's wishes and secretly rode to join the North-men as they rode southward toward the battle. Thus, Ondoher and his two sons met their ends in the Wastes.
- Since that day, the Orcs of Mordor have turned this site into a monument commemorating their Dark Lord's victory over a king of Númenórean blood. The hill is now crowned by a temple where captives of the Orcs are taken, tortured, and sacrificed, their bones piled high in the corners of this "Fane of Screaming".
Ondoher's Folly as seen from the Dead Marshes.
Mordor Sentries stand atop platforms in Ondoher's Folly.
Captives are brought here in wheeled cages, bound, and tormented.
In the centre stands a fell altar to Sauron, surrounded by the remains of those sacrificed.
Orcs snack on the remains of the slain.
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Wastes
|Areas:||Dagorlad (Morannon (War of the Last Alliance)) • (Lang Rhuven) • The Noman-lands • The Slag-hills (Battle of the Morannon)|
|Settlements:||Camp of the Host • Haerondir|
|Landmarks:||Tham Durlan • Nuiharn • Guard Tower Ruins • Store House Ruins • Merchant shop Ruins • Farm House Ruins • Inn Ruins • Noble's House Ruins • Stable Ruins
Carchost • Dol Acharn • Dûm Boha • Fushaum Gund • Narchost • Ondoher's Folly • Skoironk